Compass calibration
MTY55
Contributor - Level 1

I just picked up a razor maxx this weekend. As I was setting it up I noticed there was no place in any of the menues to calibrate the compass. I know my old droid x has this feature. If its possible please let me know. I'll probably use the Maxx as I did with the DX for an occasional geocache, and I 'd like to kn ow if I'm going in the right direction.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Compass calibration
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Yea, it doesn't appear to have a calibration option anymore ..   Do you not believe it is pointing in the right location? There is a free app (COMPASS) you might want to DL ad check it .. Mine is spot on.

0 Likes
MTY55
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Cody I'll have to check the app out.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

There were some back a couple weeks ago that were having issues with there Compass app's an because the on board was not included with the Razr's they didn't know what they were going to do.. i don't if one resolved this or not but as you said Cody with your mine has been on spot too..

Just had a little scare this morning with the battery i put Maxx on my Travel Moto charger i shut Maxx down as i have many times before did this at 5:00am an at 11:30am it was still on the red 0 charge i was dumb founded at first because it always charged with out a hitch but this time i don't know what happened. The Charger is Plugged into a Belkin power strip that has a built in fuse an it's 3 pronged An the charger is in good Condition an far as i know the female plug in the Maxx is ok as well. Just a fluke i hope!!!

0 Likes
MTY55
Contributor - Level 1

I guess lack of compass calibration seems to be a non issue with mine too. I went out today and did a couple geocaches with the Maxx using the ground speak app. Used the compass to navigate and both times it was spot on.

0 Likes
Not applicable

A month or two ago I was driving and using the Maps app.  I kept getting a message that the compass was not calibrated and I should wave the phone around in a figure 8.  When I came to a stop, the pointer would spin around to some other direction than my destination.  I finally removed the phone from the car dock and waved it around in a figure 8.  I haven't gotten that notice since and the pointer always points in the correct direction.  I guess if it needs calibration, it will tell you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I found to be having the same issue as many others with the pointer freezing and compass always pointing the wrong direction today.  No help on the forums and Motorola and Verizon both said they were unaware of any issues ever having been reported.

0 Likes
TalkTo_Chuck
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try moving your phone in a figure eight pattern repeatedly. That may calibrate it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I messed around with a magnetic telescopic tool used to get dropped nuts and screws and drug it around the back of the phone while in maps app.  It finally asked me to calibrate.  I pressed OK and waved it figure 8 and spun in a circle about 20 times and success.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cool as long as it works it's all good

0 Likes