Cannot send text message to one mobile number
jinx41

Recently moved from iphone 4 to iphone 6 and changed the carrier from Tmobile to Verizon, post this change I am not able to send text message to one specific mobile number. The other person can send text to my number. The message sent to this specific phone number from iphone 6 appears green as sent but is not received by the other specific number. I can send messages to all the other friends but not to this specific number. The other person reached to his carrier (Tmobile) and they confirmed that it is not coming in their network after doing the testing from my end. This problem started when moved from Tmobile to verizon.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot send text message to one mobile number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jinx41,

We want all of your messages to work properly! Do you receive any error message? What device do the other user have? Has the other person contacted their carrier to see why your messages are not being received?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jinx41

Hi Pamela,

I do not receive any error message, the message just turns green when I press the send button. The other person has blackberry. The other person also contacted his carrier (Tmobile) and they confirmed after testing that the message is not being received in their network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information jinx41! Yes, I would have the other person work with their carrier if the message isn't being received on their network. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jinx41

Hi,

This was already checked with the Tmobile carrier and their technicians as test from verizon side. It is not that it is not being received on their network, the issue is it is not being sent out from Verizon network. I have checked in my online account of Verizon with my SMS usage and it shows that no SMS has been sent out to this T-mobile number. I have tried sending SMS 30 - 40 times and there is no record in my online account about the SMS sent out. This means that the SMS is not going out from verizon network to this specific user. I hope I have made myself clear here in terms of issue definition. I have tried all possible options of deleting message thread, deleting contacts at both the sides, resetting network, switching off imessage, Airplane mode on-off, sending SMS by adding 001 to the mobile number etc.

Kindly help urgently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details, jinx41. Have you tried adding a plus sign to that person's number and resending? Another option is to see if you are able to send the messages to that person using a different text app. Have your tried to see if it goes through using Verizon Messages to test?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes