Cannot receive emails with WiFi
jlynn87914

I have had my phone since August 2013 and in the last couple months I am unable to receive emails or notifications while my phone is connected to WiFi.  I reboot my phone often and have tried resetting it.  Nothing has worked.  If I do not connect to WiFi there are many things my phone will NOT do certain things or it slows down tremendously.  This isn't just a problem with my home WiFi, this happens anywhere I use WiFi.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive emails with WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jlynn87914,

Wi-Fi is a real life saver. So we want to get you back in the game ASAP. May I ask which software you phone is running currently? And when you say you tried resetting it, do you mean a hard reset where you deleted all the phone's information?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jlynn87914

Hello, I have a Droid Razr M by Motorola.  I have not done a factory reset; however, I rebooted in safe mode and checked all my apps through Google Play.  I wasn't too sure about what I was doing, but none of them seemed to make a difference in the performance of my phone (it also runs slow). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for that information, jlynn87914. You have done all of the steps needed prior to a hard reset to resolve this issue. It is really odd that the notifications are no longer working for the email. The last step is the factory reset http://vz.to/10FzQ9q. Please complete this and let us know how it works.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jlynn87914

I completed the factory reset and I still cannot receive my yahoo emails when connected to WiFi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jlynn87914,

I appreciate you doing the hard reset and am sorry you're still having issue. How does your device work apart from attempting to access wi-fi? Test the device by trying an alternate wi-fi connection at a different location to see if it allows access. If you're able to access wi-fi elsewhere, check with your local isp.

Edwin_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes