Cannot receive Texts while Roaming in Canada
hughjarvis

This appears to a question that Verizon just can't solve.  I see it posted again and again over many years.

I have an older Droid Turbo.  I have no trouble texting in the US.  I have the Canada plan.  I can send & receive calls to Canadians.  I use the standard Android Messaging app.

But in Canada, I can apparently send texts, but I don't receive any texts.  But I can send Facebook Messenger, Google, send/receive email, and the phone is fine.

Before I got the Canada plan texts worked fine ... but there's something weird about how Verizon treats texts.  They're not data, but not phone calls.  I have roaming set to 'allow for this trip'.  Connection is set to prefer 'Globall'.

Anyone have an idea..?  Thanks!

But in xanada

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive Texts while Roaming in Canada
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning! As a valued Verizon customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues receiving text messages to your Motorola DROID Turbo while you're in Canada. Being able to receive text messages everywhere you travel is very important and keeps you in contact with others. I've also used the older model DROID Turbo, and I continue to use Motorola devices (e.g. my current Moto Z3). We've also noted your reference to this appearing to be a question that Verizon just can't solve and that you've seen this question posted again and again over many years. We do love a challenge and we're certainly up for this one. I apologize for your inconvenience and rest assured we'll do everything we can to get this resolved. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this matter. I've noted your reference to you using the standard Android messaging app on your DROID Turbo. Are you currently in Canada at this time? If so, we'd love an opportunity to initiate troubleshooting with you. Are you continuing to use the Android messaging app and have you selected it as your device's default messaging app? Have you tried using the Verizon Messages + app? RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
hughjarvis

Yes, I am still in Canada.

Yes, I am using default Android Messaging app.

No, I don't want to use the Verizon app. 

Why is Verizon blocking texts..?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all the steps you’ve done to this point, hughjarvis. You came to the right place to find out why you’re unable to receive texts while you’re in Canada. You are free to continue using the stock app for text. It’s not necessary to have Message+ for texting to work properly. What does the sender see when sending you a text? If you haven’t done so already, please power the device fully off (not just a restart or sleep / wake cycle) and leave it off for a full minute or two. Power it back on and allow it to reconnect to all services. Let us know what happens with your text messaging.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
hughjarvis

Texts sent to me look normal, but never say 'delivered'.

My outgoing texts only show status of 'pending'.

I powered down and restarted my phone when I first arrived last week.

0 Likes