Can the RAZR filter email?
equicor
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would be handy if my Droid Razr could FILTER email I receive. This is a my non-gmail account;

I receive quite a bit off mail I really don't need on the Razr but would tend to read at my home or the office computer (News Updates, Vendor Promotions, etc!).  Is there a way to filter it from showing up on the Razr.

My Blackberry Storm allowed filtering and provided an easy method to do this.  I just haven't seen a way to do this on the Razr.

Any suggestions?   THANKS

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can the RAZR filter email?
B33
Legend

See if K9 Mail from the Play-Store might have this Feature in it. I tried to find it on my Maxx and Came short i think it existed at one time or another but i'm not sure if still does. When Google comes out with these new Os they either remove the Setting or they put it some were else were it Takes a Half sentry trying to Find it. I think they need to come out with a change of Features book / PDF so one's can find were things were and were they are in they are Currently.. Relieve the Headaches..

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

most email filtering is done server side, check for settings on the email provider server

0 Likes
equicor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually what I am trying to do is not have all my email show up on the phone; for example News Updates and Newspapers.

I still want them to go from the server to my computer (to read at my leisure) but not sent to the phone.  It seems, to me, if I filter the mail at the server side it would never send out that email at all.

Thanks

0 Likes