Re: Can't receive hotmail messages on new razr
B33
Legend

It might.!  but if you F.R. that Device.  And this is only a suggestion do the Factory Reset but leave the Internal Storage & the SD card Storage Alone.. A contributor on here done the Full Reset+ the Clearing of the Internal & Sd Card and his Razr is not Functioning properly from it.

And if this is the First Time your Attempting this it might Not hurt to Have a C.S.R on the Line a Separate phone from your Razr to Help you Thru it..Good luck b33

0 Likes
Indian
Contributor - Level 1

ArnettH........which phone do you have?  I have a Razr Maxx and when I bring up settings, I see nothing like you indicate. Please clarify for the Maxx.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
wyldfyr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with my Razr Maxx  as well. Hotmail/Live was working fine until today. I can't even remove the account from the phone. ( I just get the invalid credentials error).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This Sounds like a Major Issue with Microsoft as Usual there updates usually screw things why not add this to the Mix

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried K9 email application from the Play Store.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Not Yet Wildman an i was just Mentioning it to the Panel i have always use Yahoo and Gmail i never could Figure out the Hotmail thing so that's why i stayed away but i tried to find what i could by google searching to try an Help an seems like this new issue is escalating with many having issues with it..

0 Likes
wyldfyr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to fix it myself. It looks like it may be an issue with setting it up through accounts on the phone and I was frustrated enough to do a factory reset.

Instead of setting it up by adding an account like the phone wanted, I was able to download the Hotmail app-the one put out by Microsoft + SEVEN ( not the one that comes stock on the phone) and it works just fine.

My problem solved.

B33
Legend

Hey that's Good News.!  Wyldfyr are your Ready for I.C.S i think there are some rally neat things that are going to be in it. I for one like the New Dialer Key Pad.. But there are other things neat with it Like when your Looking at the Screen an it sees you it will Unlock the Screen Just for you..Pretty cool Huh! 

0 Likes
TheOz

Sammuel,

Thanks for these settings, but you don't seem to have access to them if you used the "Hotmail" icon to set up your mail box. (Mine worked for about two weeks--Quit on June 20.)

I finally used the "Other" icon to recreate the mail box using your settings. It is working fine for now.

(You do have to check "Use Secure connection" as well.)

For now I have simply abandoned the old mail box since I can't even delete it without it accepting the password.

Someone was blaming Microsoft, but it may be Verizon since you get the message: "Unable to connect to IMAP.VZW.NET. Read timed out."

Pat

0 Likes
CS_Baldwin

Just for an FYI,

You can reset the email data cache (which is what saves the username and password you use) by accessing the settings on your phone, then selecting applications, then choose manage applications, and then scroll down to the email app.  There are three on my phone and I clear all the cache's and force stopped them all.  When I went back it was like the app was being used for the first time again.  You can do this for any app

0 Likes