Can't connect to home wi-fi
AllSaturday
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a two day old phone that will not connect to a wi-fi network.  When I try, the only choice I'm given is "cancel".  The "connect" button is dimmed.  I know we've got the right password, etc, as my husband also has a two day old Razr and it's connecting fine.  Mine downloaded an update yesterday.  Could that have messed it up?  Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't connect to home wi-fi
AllSaturday
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!  With your help and B33's help, was able to change some settings and get it working!  Yippee!

Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 10:08:11 -0600

Subject: Re: Can't connect to home wi-fi - Re: Can't connect to home wi-fi

created by Duewester in DROID RAZR by Motorola - View the full discussion

What was the update? ICS? Look through these forums and there are several places where people provide the instructions for clearing the cache and resetting the phone. ICS update is notorious for not getting old settings cleared and new ones set up. When you go the WiFi in settings, click the settings button again and click on Manage networks. Look for same settings as other phone has.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

>Post edited to remove personal info and email address<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AllSaturday
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, and yes, I've tried turning it off and on again!

0 Likes
Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

What was the update? ICS?

Look through these forums and there are several places where people provide the instructions for clearing the cache and resetting the phone. ICS update is notorious for not getting old settings cleared and new ones set up.

When you go the WiFi in settings, click the settings button again and click on Manage networks. Look for same settings as other phone has.

0 Likes
AllSaturday
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!  With your help and B33's help, was able to change some settings and get it working!  Yippee!

Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 10:08:11 -0600

Subject: Re: Can't connect to home wi-fi - Re: Can't connect to home wi-fi

created by Duewester in DROID RAZR by Motorola - View the full discussion

What was the update? ICS? Look through these forums and there are several places where people provide the instructions for clearing the cache and resetting the phone. ICS update is notorious for not getting old settings cleared and new ones set up. When you go the WiFi in settings, click the settings button again and click on Manage networks. Look for same settings as other phone has.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

>Post edited to remove personal info and email address<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

change channel on the router or try another encryption mode. mine only connects with wep.

0 Likes