Can't access Yahoo email
avidskier
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my Droid Razr Maxx for 2 weeks now and so far so good, until today.  I'm getting a message for my Yahoo account "authentication error".  When I put my password in it says "NO Mechanism Not Available".  I didn't change my password and it's been working fine until today. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't access Yahoo email
toeka

I have the same error happening - says invalid credentials.  This must be a service outage with the verizon ICS.

0 Likes
avidskier
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

or a problem with yahoo, can you get into the account  thru www.mail.yahoo?

0 Likes
avidskier
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I've been able to access my email account through Yahoo.  That was the first thing I checked.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i use it without problems because of app issues you describe & why i only have a couple apps that are the only way to get in to certain things i need to do..

0 Likes
avidskier
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with Verizon's Technical Support.  I had to download the new Yahoo app and now its email problem is fixed.  I like the way Yahoo looks on my phone now.  Instead of the black background with white lettering, it's now white background and black lettering.   Soooo much better.

0 Likes
Montium

Nice that they break something and then not tell anyone. Thanks for the info on the new yahoo app. It worked out fine.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

any time an app isn't working right it's not a bad idea to download it again & it may resolve the problem.

0 Likes
Volguy1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah, but to have to download a mail app instead of what had been working perfectly is just stupid.  The accounts part had been working fine until 1030 this am.  Downloading an app should never be an adequate solution to what is/was working perfectly fine.