Can Verizon please explain why their Message app does not display the badge for unread sms texts (messages)? I have called the customer care line as well as visit a store (not a franchise outlet) and no one has an answer. It would be nice to open my pho
birg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can Verizon please explain why their Message app does not display the badge for unread sms texts (messages)?  I have called the customer care line as well as visit a store (not a franchise outlet) and no one has an answer.  It would be nice to open my phone's home screen and tell if I have unread messages prior to opening the app each time.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can Verizon please explain why their Message app does not display the badge for unread sms texts (messages)? I have called the customer care line as well as visit a store (not a franchise outlet) and no one has an answer. It would be nice to open my
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The developers of the application might not have written the application to take advantage of the unread badges available on some phone models. You should send them an email through the address posted on the Play Store page for the application requesting that feature.

Personally I hate those badges and glad I chose devices that don't provide it as part of the UI experience.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.