Can I set a custom ringtone for a specific contact?
A2Zmama1315
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it possible to set up a custom ringtone for a specific contact? I've been fiddling around for days now trying to figure out how to do it. I just upgraded from a simple flip phone that could do it to the Droid Turbo and can't figure out how to do it on here.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Customization?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can set custom ringtones. Open the contact you want to edit, tap the Edit button (at the top of the screen, looks like a pencil), tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, tap Set Ringtone, choose the ringtone you want to use, then tap OK.

You also can use your own .mp3 files as ringtones by connecting the phone to your computer with the USB cable and then 'drag and drop' copies of the .mp3 files to the phone's Ringtones folder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can set custom ringtones. Open the contact you want to edit, tap the Edit button (at the top of the screen, looks like a pencil), tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, tap Set Ringtone, choose the ringtone you want to use, then tap OK.

You also can use your own .mp3 files as ringtones by connecting the phone to your computer with the USB cable and then 'drag and drop' copies of the .mp3 files to the phone's Ringtones folder.

0 Likes
A2Zmama1315
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alright thank you so much!!!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes
Cromey

Thanks for the info. Would you know how to customize ring tone for contacts from my amazon music already downloaded into my amazon player on my droid turbo 2?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, no ... I download my Amazon .mp3s directly to my computer rather than playing through the Amazon app.  I did briefly look to see if downloaded files could be found in the app via a file explorer app, but didn't have any luck.  I admit I didn't spend much time on it, though.

0 Likes