Can I reply to just the sender on a group text?
mrsklc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to reply to just the sender of a group text?

I know I can just start a new message with that person, but it's a pain sometimes.

I cannot find any SMS & MMS Settings anywhere in the app or in the phone settings.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ on Droid Turbo
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you have the message thread open in a group message, long press any of the message bubbles for the sender (or any of the recipients for that matter).  A menu will pop up, and the bottom choice is "Reply to Sender" - selecting that creates a thread ONLY to the sender of that message.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you have the message thread open in a group message, long press any of the message bubbles for the sender (or any of the recipients for that matter).  A menu will pop up, and the bottom choice is "Reply to Sender" - selecting that creates a thread ONLY to the sender of that message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrsklc, we want this to be simple for you. However, at this time, there's not an option for replying to just one contact in that group message. As a result, you will need to create a new message for that contact.

For more information regarding the Verizon Messaging+ application, click the link below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/?intcmp=INT-SEA-NON-SE-...

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrsklc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

Maybe in the future there should be a default for just replying to the sender.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There IS a way - I've done it.  As I said in my post above... long press a reply from the desired sender... a dialog will pop up and the bottom choice is "Reply to Sender", and tapping that will open a text message to ONLY THAT PERSON, no the whole group.

It works, I've done it.

0 Likes
mrsklc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found it, Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome - glad I could help!

0 Likes
Verne8
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was an option to reply to just the sender but then Verizon(?) Samsung(?) whoever, 'up'graded it and that disappeared. STOP FIXING WHAT ISN'T BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time you do, the customer LOSES features they loved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verne8, we know that replying to everyone is not always necessary. What happens when you long press the individual message? Do you then receive a box with options including "Reply to Sender"?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JustJoan5727

TOTALLY AGREE!!!

My phone "updated " and the text icon disappeared, LOVED IT!! Had option to reply to sender only in top right corner, made family and friends group texting much easier! NEW & IMPROVED ISN'T ALWAYS BETTER!

0 Likes