Can I keep e-mail in my account after deleting it from my device?
tcat1122

When my account was set up, I was able to delete an email from my phone whil still keeping it in my email account when I accessed it from the computer.  Suddenly this changed.  Once I delete the email from my phone, it deletes from my account.  How can I cahange this back?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keep email in account even after deleting from phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on how the account is setup on the phone. If it is a IMAP or Exchange account, anything you delete on the phone is deleted on the server. If you set it up as a POP3 account, then you can have the option to delete only on the phone and not touch the server.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Keep email in account even after deleting from phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends on how the account is setup on the phone. If it is a IMAP or Exchange account, anything you delete on the phone is deleted on the server. If you set it up as a POP3 account, then you can have the option to delete only on the phone and not touch the server.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes