Can I get an unlock code for my device?
hayfy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to unlock my phone from verizon. After years of service- I think I have had it. So, I have 4 phones- all active and the account is paid (up to date) My line has no contract. I called verizon and asked for my unlock code and yep- I was told No.... I though if you were not in contract and the acct was up to date, then Verizon would give the code... I guess I was being silly.. So, I asked for a letter stating this and just received the email..

So now I have to find  a service to unlock it. can anyone help me here.?

If this works out, I am going to take each line and go somewhere else. Sad really- I have been with verizon for years. But I am done Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlock code
Not applicable

Let me save you a ton of money and hassle.

Your devices will not work on any other cellular service because T-Mobile & AT&T are using GSM.

Sprint is a CDMA carrier like Verizon but use a proprietary CDMA not the same as Verizon.

You can get a device unlocked for international use if the device supports it.

If you get an unlocking service they charge from a small amount of money to over $100+ and if you Google the issue some will just take your money and send a fake code. You don't want to get taken now do you?

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Let me save you a ton of money and hassle.

Your devices will not work on any other cellular service because T-Mobile & AT&T are using GSM.

Sprint is a CDMA carrier like Verizon but use a proprietary CDMA not the same as Verizon.

You can get a device unlocked for international use if the device supports it.

If you get an unlocking service they charge from a small amount of money to over $100+ and if you Google the issue some will just take your money and send a fake code. You don't want to get taken now do you?

Good Luck

Not applicable

Sad but true.

Even if unlocked, the phones will not work on another network.

AT&T has a decent deal with a $100 per line rebate if you port over by the end of March.

I left 1 phone, my ex-husband behind, and ported 4 phones out and got a new tablet for $100 at AT&T.

My bill is $60 less and I actually have data we can use - rather than rationing 2 (now 3) GB of data with Verizon.

Come on over!

1leavingverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why are you not capable of losing customers?  You treat those of us who want to leave Verizon like we are no longer worthy of any help.

Your service is too expensive for seniors.  I can get a $10 per month deal with Tracfone, and it works just fine.  With Verizon, I have to pay at least $30 per month.  What is it you can't understand?

This is not a stab in the back of Verizon.  It is a monetary necessity.  So, why not cooperate.  The way I am being treated, just trying to get an unlock code, is horrible!

Is your support staff is incapable, which some of the people I spoke with ARE, or are they told to just upset a customer who is leaving until they finally can't stand it anymore, and either stay with Verizon or hang up out of pure frustration!

I went to the store.  No help there either.  "I can't do that.  You won't need an unlock code.  Just call Customer Service."  Seriously?  What kind of morons do you hire?  If you ever expect anyone to give Verizon their 'word of mouth' approval, I suggest treating people better and getting support people who know what they are doing.

Corene Ryta

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes