Can I Transfer old Text messages to a new Droid Turbo 2?
wduke28

I recently purchased a Droid Turbo 2 preloaded with Verizon Messages.  Can I transfer my text messages from my old phone (Droid Razor M) to my new phone using Verizon Messages?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring Text messages to a Droid Turbo 2
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yet another option is to back up the texts on the old phone and then restore them on the new phone using a text back-up/restore app from the Play Store like  SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wduke28

Congratulations on getting the Droid Turbo 2! It really is an amazing phone. Did you have your text messages backed up on your previous device? If you did, you can use the restore feature in Verizon Cloud to restore your backed up messages.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/mobile-living/network-and-plans/verizon-cloud-storage/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Even if you don't have them backed up, you should still be able to transfer them over wifi using the cloud content transfer tool.  You need to have the cloud app on both devices, then go into the Tools section and select content transfer.  It will walk you through the transfer process.  Here's a video that explains the process: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/content-transfer-android-to-android-video/

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yet another option is to back up the texts on the old phone and then restore them on the new phone using a text back-up/restore app from the Play Store like  SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

wduke28

Thanks to all of you who responded. I used an SMS app and was able to move the text messages after backing them up to my gmail account.

0 Likes