Re: Camera Error
slowautoxr
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you bought it from Verizon, call them.  If you bought it from someone else, call Motorola.  I avoided this for a long time thinking that it could be fixed.  I searched many different forums tried a few things.  It wasn't until I performed a factory reset without downloading any of my apps and settings and found that the camera still did not work that I convinced myself that my phone had hardware issue.  I'm not sure if the phone I have now is my original or a replacement.  Either way, it's been working fine since getting it back.

0 Likes
BIslandboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Obviously a lot of people are having the same issue. As far as recent updates, my phone did update a few weeks back but I can't tell you if it was an operating system update or a app update. It went through the update and power cycled my phone. The camera issue happened before the update in the past but suddenly worked again. Now it won't work at all. Tried everything. Googled online about this problem and seems its a known issue. I dont know if Motorola should be made aware of this issue and possibly look into it and find a patch as it may be a software issue. I really don't want to go through the whole process of rebooting my phone for the 4th time only to have to start from scratch and having to reinstall all my apps again  which take time only to have the same issue with the faulty camera. If I'm not the only one having this problem then its definitely something that has to be addressed because I rely on my camera. And my phone is in perfect condition, has always been protected in my Defender series otter box and never been dropped. So you tell me what should I do? Have it replaced for another new phone? Which I'm afraid will only cause the same issue if it is in fact a software or hardware glitch. What do you recommend. Seems like Verizon reps on here are just asking the same questions and getting the same answers from just about every turbo owners thread I've read. Not only on the Verizon forums but if you Google, to will find other threads with the same issue. Please let us know what can be done to rectify this issue instead of giving us the 'have you done this"? Or "did you download a recent software"? Because frankly it ain't working. None of what is said to do on most of the forums I've read. Please respond.

whiteviper007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried a factory reset with no luck.  My dad and brother have the same phone, and have never had an issue.  Should I take it back to best buy for them to replace?  Is there a way to uninstall the most recent update and reinstall it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blslandboy, I can understand how important it is to have the camera working on your device. I use my cell phone camera for everything now days. I want to make sure that we get to the bottom of this and get you back in business with your camera. I appreciate you provide with all the details. We can always go over other options for you. But, we would need to do that in a Direct Message. I have requested to follow you and I did send you a Direct Message. Please respond back to that message for me at your earliest convenience.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
whiteviper007
Enthusiast - Level 2

KevinR_VZW is there anything you can do to help me?  I have tried all of the steps Blslandboy has listed.  Why does this have to be done in Direct Message?  I think a lot of people would be interested in the solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whiteviper007

We absolutely want to get your device working properly again. I’m glad to hear of the steps you have tried so far. Since there are  a couple different resets that can be done to the phone, which path did you take when you performed a factory reset? Did you sign back into your Gmail account right away, or did you skip signing in to test the camera first?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ccollett

Hello,

I have also encountered this problem with my Droid Turbo, it comes and goes but recently the camera has been pretty much entirely unusable. None of the suggested actions have helped at all, and this has been going on for months. Is this something that can/will be fixed with a software update, or will it require a new phone? Thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The camera application on the Motorola DROID Turbo is updated by Motorola through the Play Store. Check for an update. If none is available, use the email address in the Play Store listing to send Motorola with your issues and concerns about the camera.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes