Re: Camera Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

slowautoxr,

Thanks for reaching out to us here, because help is our middle name. This is truly disheartening to hear that you are having this camera issue. I use my camera all the time to capture precious moments. Let’s work together to get this taken care of. You have certainly done a lot of troubleshooting on your own & appreciate that. I am going to send you a Private Message to gather more information from you. Please reply back to me in the Private Message to continue. I look forward to working with you.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Berretta92fs

I'm having the same issue with the camera error message. I noticed this morning when the flash light app would cut off after just a few seconds. I tried using the camera a little bit ago and all I get is a black screen followed by an error message telling me to restart camera. I'm running the newest update, lollipop 5.1 installed Oct 10th. I even tried reinstalling the camera update.

0 Likes
slowautoxr
Enthusiast - Level 2

The solution that worked for me once was to go flip that switch on the google voice setting.  Sorry I can't give you exact details since my phone is en route to Motorola.  If you call Verizon or Motorola they're going to tell you to clear the cache and clear the data.  Then they'll tell you to turn it off and back on.  It still won't work for you so they'll ask you to do a factory reset.  So go ahead and backup whatever you want to save.  When I did the factory reset while I was on the phone with them I didn't load my apps and settings.  The camera didn't work.

BTW, if you bought your phone at Best Buy, don't bother with Verizon.  I spent a 1/2 hour with them doing the above and then found out they can't warranty my phone.  So I called Motorola and went through the same process.

The factory reset with out my apps and settings convinced me that there was no fixing my phone.

0 Likes
slowautoxr
Enthusiast - Level 2

To close my loop, I received a replacement phone from Motorola, reinstalled my apps, adjusted my settings, and the camera is functioning.  I hope this error doesn't come back.

whiteviper007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting the same error.  It started happening about 2 weeks ago.  Has a solution been found yet?  I have tried all of the recommendations posted here.  Please let me know what else I can do.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whiteviper007

I rely on my phone’s camera all the time. It would concern me as well if this were to happen to my phone. What steps in particular have you tried to far?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
whiteviper007
Enthusiast - Level 2

This all started with the last update.  I think it was around 10/10/2015.  I also have the flashlight issue.  When I turn on the flashlight it only stays on for 5 sec then automatically turns off.  I have read about many people having these issues linked.  Neither camera works.

I have tried:

1.     Power cycling the phone

2.     Deleting extra pictures and movies internal storage has 15.15GB available

3.     Deleting apps (it was noted somewhere that Skype might have been the cause)

4.     Force close all apps I could, including the camera

5.     Using a different camera app did not help

6.     Yelling at the phone - did not help but made me feel better

It seems like there are quite a few others having the same issue.  Please let me know what else I should try.

BIslandboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm experiencing same issues as everyone else here on this thread. Whenever I open my camera either by giving it the shake twice to activate or pressing the camera app, it will stay black for a few seconds then say "Camera Error" "Please restart camera" at which time I'll keep trying with the same message. It's getting very frustrating as I've tried clearing the cache, clear data, force stop then restart, disabled then re enabled, tried in safe mode, cleared all my pictures from phone and even downloaded the google camera which also has the same problem. I also noticed I have a problem with the flashlight just tonight. When I used it, it stayed on for maybe 5-10 seconds and shut off. I don't know what else to do but to send it in for a replacement as I feel it may be a mechanical issue. Anyone know of a solution to this problem because I use my camera a lot.

0 Likes
BIslandboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you please help me with this issue. My camera like everyone else on this thread is not working. Only giving an error message to restart camera and I'm getting to the point where I want to throw it against the wall.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blslandboy, we never want you to be so frustrated that you want to do physical harm to your device. I depend on my camera on my cell phone for everything now days. I apprecaite you providing me with all the steps that you have already completed. This hepls us out a lot. Is there currenty any kind of physical or liquid damage to your phone? When did you start receiving this error? Was it after a software update or when a 3rd party application was downloaded? Please keep us posted. I want to get a resolution to your camera issue ASAP.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes