Camera Error
donellacandra
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything has been fine but all of a sudden about 30 minutes ago I tried to turn my camera on.  When I touch the icon, it opens but the screen is black for about 7 seconds then a box pops up and says "Camera Error. Please restart camera"  I have done this about 5 times and have even restarted the phone twice and it is always the same thing.  The camera software is up to date as is the phone.  So, anyone have an idea of how to fix this?  Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Camera Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get the camera working, donellacandra!

Does this happen with both the front face and standard camera? Have you tried to reset the device? Did you just recently update your device to a new software? Share details so that we can help.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
donellacandra
Enthusiast - Level 1

😕  No, I did nothing different with the phone.  There was no update or anything installed or any changes made.  I am assuming it is with both front facing and standard because as I said in my original post as soon as I try to open the camera to do anything, it goes black for 7 seconds then says to restart camera. Yes, I tried resetting the device including uninstalling and reinstalling the camera app (after the error showed up). I did some further troubleshooting the day I posted this with someone on live chat and nothing he was trying was working.  We got to the part where we restarted in safe mode and it still didn't work.  I was backing up my data in the verizon cloud before we were supposed to do something else and if that didn't work then a hard reset but he discoed the chat before I was even finished backing up.  Now I can't get anyone on Live Chat.  Is it not available today?

0 Likes
mcm17

I'm having the same issue, camera worked fine last night and today I've been getting that same "Camera busy" error message.  Restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, did a hard reset, started it in safe mode to check it...nothing has solved the problem.  Curious to know what the answer is here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

donellacandra, thanks for those important details. Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Try deleting all unwanted pictures, videos and media. Power your device off/on and test the feature again. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
foxfamily1999

I'm having this problem too. Is there anything else to be done? I've rebooted the camera, uninstalled all extra apps, deleted pictures, but get a red dotted screen when I try to take a picture, and then the error message "Camera Error Please Restart camera

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@foxfamily1999

It's important to me that your Droid Turbo has a working camera.  When did this problem begin?  What is your device's current software version number: http://vz.to/13Dxdb7?

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mawill

I have the same issue after having the lastest update yesterday ! I even went so far as factory reset.My system version is 23.11.38.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US vzw

0 Likes
slowautoxr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting this same error again.  It was surprisingly resolved by changing a Google voice switch setting.  It worked for several weeks until yesterday when I used the flashlight.  Since then the camera is not working.   My phone used to work great until the 5.1 update.

I've previously tried a factory reset, safe mode, wiping the cache, etc with no success.

I've searched many forums but have yet to find a solution.  Looks like Verizon started working on the problem here.

0 Likes
slowautoxr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset without reinstalling any apps that I had previously installed.  So it was as delivered to me on day 1.  The camera still has the same error.  I had read elsewhere that someone with the same error wound up sending it back.  I'm doing the same after talking to Verizon and Motorola.

0 Likes