Re: Calendar gone from the Command Center after update
Gofindit

Yes the calendar went away with the new upgrade also the weather changed (not as good as the original) and has a additional small battery circle .

0 Likes
TMNHI

I have a

DROID TURBO by Motorola 32GB in Black

Ballistic Nylon 32 GB Black

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

created the discussion

"Calendar gone

from the Command Center after update"

To view

the discussion, visit:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1496175#1496175

>

0 Likes
SANDRO9

Hi...Same question. Were you able to get the calendar back into the command center widget? Feeling a bit lost without my appointments at my fingertips...

Thx!

0 Likes
KERCAT81

No. Apparently we have to wait for another update 2-3 weeks for them to fix this horrible update. At least that is what I was told. I did see in this thread that a Verizon rep was trying to get it back and in,  but nothing after that.

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
TMNHI

Still waiting for an answer about the missing Command Center Calendar after the latest update. Nothing yet.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Motorola did not include access to a calendar app directly from the command center with the latest Marshmallow update. If that function was important to you I'd suggest contacting Motorola with your feedback so their application development team can consider it in a future update.

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

BK2HEAT

I do not like what this update did regarding the calendar. I mostly use appointments for alerts to remind me what do to do. There is still a google calendar (not sure if old one was google or not) and all the "appointments" are there. But what is super irritating is they no longer pop up and display and give me an option to dismiss or re-remind in 10 to 15 min. I do hear an audible alert, but won't do me any good if I'm in a noisy environment. I need to see the event, have it appear and not go away until i dismiss it.

Whatever entity pushed out the update needs to take ownership. Don't just say contact so and so, YOU contact them and get an answer or work around.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can setup notifications for your appointments in the calendar application. That's what I do and I get my notifications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KERCAT81

Not only do I agree 100%, but Verizon is really irritating because they keep saying contact Motorolla.  They can't even get that right????? Motorola make the HARDWARE,  Google sent the system update, Google does the SOFTWARE.  Already wasted hours going through calling Verizon who sent me to Motorola,  who sent me to Google who has no fix yet. Google fix is wait for another update. SHOULDN'T VERIZON  KNOW THIS????? SHOULDN'T VERIZON BE TAKING CARE OF THIS????? NO UPDATE SHOULD BE UNABLE TO UNINSTALL ESPECIALLY WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN OBVIOUSLY TESTED!!!!!!!!  Again I agree 100%.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

KERCAT81 wrote: "Verizon is really irritating because they keep saying contact Motorolla.  They can't even get that right????? Motorola make the HARDWARE".

Google does develop the software for the phone's operating system (Marshmallow) ". In addition to making the hardware, Motorola also develops software, incuding the 'Droid Command Center'. That is why only Motorola Androids have the 'Command Center', and HTC & LG Androids do not. The exact would apply to a Samsung Android with the Google operating system. Samsung like the other manufacturers also make some of their own software, like Samsung Pay for example. Like wise, Samsung Pay isnt available on its competitors android devices. Similarly, contacting Verizon wireless carrier for help with Samsung Pay instead of the developers would be a waste of time.

KERCAT81 wrote: "SHOULDN'T VERIZON BE TAKING CARE OF THIS?????"

No, Verizon as the network service provider has nothing to do with the Command Center software developers choice to change functionality nor can they alter it.

That is why the help website for the Command Center is at the link below on the MOTOROLA website:

Stay in control with DROID Command Center widget

0 Likes