Re: Brand New Droid Razr M locking up
Mer1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same or similar problem, except that mine also won't hold a charge or charge properly. They've already sent me a replacement, and although this one is charged up properly and seems to work correctly (which the first one never did), I now can't activate this one. The first Razr M I got, that is still activated, quit connecting to the Mobile Data over the weekend, and I can't seem to use Backup Assistant Plus with it either. I'm 99% sure the new one is also going back for something else entirely. And I've already bought accessories and everything. I otherwise like the phone. I've spent nearly 10 hours this week trying to resolve this.

When I called customer service to get a replacement and return the first one, I could barely hear the CS rep b/c of background noise. She didn't really respond to some of my questions or concerns and she didn't ship the new phone overnight, which I should have received due to my replacement plan. She told me the new phone would arrive Friday...it was attempted to be delivered via Fed Ex yesterday (Monday). And my local store, although wonderful and very helpful, didn't have any Razr M's in white to replace it with...it's not allowed to exchange for a different color without you paying for it! The best thing they did was prove that my phone was DOA (dead arrival, ie a lemon).

I'm not happy to say the least. I have other Verizon complaints as well. I may be just flat out choosing to quit Verizon entirely. This phone upgrade was supposed to extend my service, but after this, I may just return them both (original and replacement) and be out of my contract (my husband and are both out of contract otherwise). So, if this one doesn't start up properly by tomorrow...I think I'm through.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

One thing Drop  Back UP Assistant it's a Joke!  Use Google for your Contacts and other things, Request another Sim Card and by all means handle it With Care the Gold Contacts on that Card cannot be Touch without having some kind of Issue.. why is this  We all have Oil in our Fingers and static Electricity there both Toxic to a Sim Cards and will cause issues with your Phone including Loss of Signal or Worse..

0 Likes
Mer1000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, we all read the little packet that comes w/the SIM card, an incredibly difficult little thing for someone w/an autoimmune disease that causes arthritis, reynauds, and total numbness in her fingers to have to deal with. I'm sorry, but it took me over 10 minutes just to deal w/the SIM card the first time 2 weeks ago. I dropped it numerous times before I could get it in the slot. This new one, I did manage okay, but it was still very difficult.

No, sure won't be using BA+ again, and as soon as either the replacement phone is set up OR I've gone on to another phone, I'll make sure they don't charge me the $2.99 for additional storage that I signed up for.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O I'm sorry i didn't realize the paralysis they should have installed the Sim for ya @ the Verizon store but as for Google it's a really good alternative to Back up Assistant..  Hope ya have better Luck with the Next Phone and again my apologies on the paralysis.. b Smiley Happy

0 Likes
lindakathy

I've had my RAZR HD for 2 weeks and It's not started up twice already.

Both times were after charging. 

0 Likes
kesmith
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to the Droid Razr M last week.  I have had mine lock up 3 times now in two weeks.  Once the screen goes to sleep, I am not able to get it to come back on. The green light flashes but nothing.  I have to hard reboot to get it to do anything.  I know of two other people that within the last 6 months upgraded to this phone and NOW tell me they have this problem continuous and Verizon will not do anything about it.  Plus, I rarely get 4G on this phone.  My husband upgraded last week to the Samsung SIII and he gets 4G all the time so it has nothing to do with our area as they are telling me. What a joke! Now that I am locked in 2 years I'm furious with this service and I have been with them for 15+ years. Seems the more advanced the phones and technology get, the worse the services gets. Sad,

fruitkike13

I just got my Rzr M in November and the battery life all of a sudden is horrible. To the point that after 4 hrs i'm at 50% battery.so after only 2 calls to Verizon there is a problem with the battery and since it's not removable so i will get a new replacement phone after I do a hard reset

0 Likes
Xanthorpe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for all the feedback; I've reached the point now where I'm working with our IT liason for VZ to swap this handset out. The lock up issue has been an intermittent but continuing issue for me since March when I got the phone. Being naturally non-combative, I was fine with the occasional hard reset but when I missed a couple of alarms in the morning because the phone had locked up sometime in the middle of the night...well, that's not on.

The fact that some folks have not had issues with these models does give me hope. i genuinely love the phone; I think it's a great design, the screen is big without being bulky, the user interface is simple and intuitive, and I really enjoy having the same OS as my wife since she has kicked her iPhone 4S to the curb in favor of the RAZR HD.

Stay tuned...

0 Likes
lynnann50
Enthusiast - Level 2

On or around April 19th, 2013 my razr M began to lock up with the update message 0%..blah blah blah with the little download arrow looking like it was trying...and if it's not plugged into power...this lock up drains the battery to 30% with in 15 minutes.  Also...both the Moto manager AND the phone tell me there is an update in progress and will let me know when it's complete.  It's now May 27th and the Moto folks are no help.  I did everything they suggested and nothing worked.  The only option will be to wipe the phone and start from scratch.  I'm not even sure how I'd complete that process.

This issue has made access of the 3G connection iffy at best and forget using it as a hotspot...which was one main reason I purchased this phone. (just spent a long weekend in the dead zone of inet with out my hotspot.  The hotspot has worked beautifully up there before the April date)

If there is anyone out there who have gotten past this issue of updating to JB 4.1.2 (or whatever it is that tried to update April 19th) please post here...I'm so fed up...the buggy stuff that is happening is nerve wracking.  I used to love this phone...but not so much right now.  thanks!

0 Likes
sonyabee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem and they sent me a new phone, well a newly refurbished phone and it has different issues that I hate!

0 Likes