Re: Bluetooth disconnects randomly
SilvrDrgn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, and yes, they did advertise better BT stability.  It is not more stable.  The Droids are supposed to be Verizon's flagship series of Android platform devices.  When they operate like this, it is annoying and it drives customers away.  Verizon, Motorola and Google - fix this please.

0 Likes
SilvrDrgn
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue seems to be happening most often when I use the power button on my Droid Maxx to put it to sleep immediately.  For example, I start up a podcast, set my phone down on the desk and press the power button to make it sleep (display shut off).  Between 1 - 2 minutes later, the random disconnect happens.  Did it multiple times today.  However, if I start the podcast and let the phone/display timeout and sleep on its own, the issue does not appear to happen.

0 Likes
SilvrDrgn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back (again) to say scratch that (again).  The audio drop out happened again, and this time it was after the automatic display/sleep timeout.  Took about 60 seconds to happen after the screen turned off.  That makes six times today so far the audio drop has occurred.  As always, when I wake up the phone Bluetooth shows that it is still connected to my headphones.  I have to resolve it by stopping the audio source app on my phone, turn off my headphones (Bluetooth shows disconnection on phone), turn them back on (Bluetooth reconnects), and restarting the audio source app. After more extensive testing, I can say that it happens on multiple Droid Maxx devices (we have four of them in the family) with multiple different headsets.  This is definitely an Android BT transport issue of some sort, and it is VERY annoying!

0 Likes
SilvrDrgn
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Just for giggles," I went into the Bluetooth settings on my Droid Maxx to poke around a bit.  The individual settings for each BT device usually contain options like Rename, Unpair and one or more Profiles.  For my Rocketfish RF-MAB2 stereo headphones I have Phone Audio and Media Audio.  I decided to turn off the Phone Audio profile.  Since doing that, I have not had a single audio drop.  I suppose I could do that with my Plantronics earpiece, but doing so would make it hard to talk with it considering phone audio would be turned off.  Note the only profile I turned off was phone audio, and it was only for the Rocketfish headphones.  No audio drops for either headset yet, but I don't think I have used my Plantronics one enough yet to know if that is "resolved" in this round about way.

0 Likes
SilvrDrgn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since doing the above, I have not had a single audio dropout with either streaming music or with phone calls on any of my ear pieces. For those experiencing this problem, I recommend shutting off the "Phone Audio" profile for the ear pieces that you do not intend to make/receive phone calls with.  Maybe you'll have to shut off just one.  Maybe more than one.  Process of elimination is the best bet.  I hope this helps other people.  Please post here if it does.

0 Likes
digibeach

This makes sense. Ive been using a BT Stereo Headset since 2008, on Blackberry...and NEVER experienced these issues. All of a sudden, I turn my head 3 inches and audio drops out. Hopefully this works. Thank you.

0 Likes
iwnbp

This is not just an issue with Droids.  My bluetooth(plantronics pro)  is randomly disconnecting with my iPhone 5s and experiencing some of the additional issues such as still showing connected or unable to switch it back.   But given how long people have been adding their complaints to this thread and how long Verizon continues to provide the same comments and solutions, I have little faith this issue is being addressed. 

0 Likes
tekman67

Verizon's response to this issue is laughable.

It's provides clarity to the idea that they are truly not in touch with what is going on in the field.

I bought the Droid Razr HD Maxx right after it came out. Starting that year and each and every OS update since, I have the same Bluetooth issues. When in calls, my Bluetooth will randomly disconnect and reconnect, or just drop to the handset. The Phone still indicates that I'm in Bluetooth mode and it requires me to select "handset" and then "Bluetooth" again to get it back only to last a few seconds before relaying back again with zero warning. The only way I've been able to get it stable, although temporarily for a few days, is to remove the pairing and then re-pair the headset. Ive not had this issue with ANY OTHER Bluetooth enabled phone, and I've had a few. It's a definite issue that I fail to understand why it has not been acknowledged as a "known issue" with a fix.

I use my phone for work and and on conference calls regularly. This issue creates negative impact on my ability to do business and create an air of confidence in my company when dealing with large professional companies in the area of technology. I'm up for a replacement in October and hopefully a new device will cure the issue.

MW

0 Likes
chuckufarlly

I am amazed that so many bluetooth devices are randomly disconnecting.  I don't even use Verizon.

I am on the Sprint network, using an iPhone 4S and a Plantronic Voyager.  I experience random disconnects and reconnects, although they tend to come in sets.  One call may be fine and then the next call taken at a different location will have several disconnects and reconnects in two or three minutes. 

I wonder if it is some other app that is voice activated?  Or maybe its just the NSA?

0 Likes
thekatman

I am having the same problem with my Samsung Note 4, latest updates from Verizon, and the Plantronics Voyager Pro Legend. The bluetooth connection randonly disconnects and goes to phone, not speaker.  The BT square is loses the highlight, so I have to press it again and then it stays on for a second or two, then disconnects again. I've had to reboot botht he BT earpiece and the phone, and that will maintain the BT connection for a while.

it's pain to have to reboot several times per day.

Thoughts?

0 Likes