Re: Bluetooth disconnects randomly
paulras
Enthusiast - Level 3

gglawlor - is your Google Chrome updated? On another thread, I think we determined the problem was the Feb 28th update of Chrome. Since the March 17th update of Chrome, the problem went away.

0 Likes
nhtech75
Enthusiast - Level 2

ggalaw ...

There is a similar thread here in the Razr HD and RMHD forum.  Some folks have found that uninstalling the Chrome updates and reverting it back to the stock app solve the issue. I have not updated the Chrome app in a while because of other issues & I have no problems with calls on either Blue Tooth device.  I have Chrome version 32.0.1700.99.   Uninstalling the updates might fix the issue & it's an easy test.

0 Likes
Scott_RSM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with Samsung Galaxy III in a Dodge using Uconnect.  It cycles connected... off.... connected.... off...  If I catch it during the 10 seconds it is connected, it will usually stay connected.  I am using the Android 4.3 and the problems seem to have started when that updated.  Guess it could be Chrome, and I will remove it tonight just to test,  but it seems to be affecting too many bluetooth devices on too many platforms to be an app. Almost seems like an issue with Android and the troubleshooting steps are just stalling until they can get a new build released...  but who really knows.

0 Likes
droidUser73

I have had the same problem with my Droid MAXX HD.  I have a Dodge (UConnect) and my phone connects to my Bose SoundLink, as well.  Had this problem some months ago.
Verizon's answer: HARD RESET.

After a lot of hesitation (weeks), I finally did it.  Seemed to work.
Now, today.....BAM! Happens again.
VERIZON: I AM NOT HARD RESETING AGAIN! YOU ARE AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM- NOW FIX IT!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
akap54

Spent hours on the phone yesterday with Verizon technical support with no solution.

Called again today and they transferred me to Motorola Technical support. The guy there wanted to send me a new Bluetooth device saying mine must be broken. When I told him I had multiple devices all doing the same and saw all these posts from you guys having the same problem him finally admitted there was a bug in the last system update and that their engineers were working on a solution (no estimated date) So, we all need to sit back, connect and disconnect till Motorola gets up off there keisters  and fixes our problem. I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
ripleylong
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue Maxx and Voyager.  I had a Droid Bionic and voyager pro.  Two years no issues.  Droid Maxx for 4 months and about end of April the Voyager pro started dropping randomly.  I could have the phone 1' away and it would drop.   So I bought a voyager legend.  Same problem.  I hard reset. Same problem.  I replaced the phone with a reconditioned Maxx. Same problem.  Switched to a piece of garbage jaw bone BT and no problem now for two weeks.  I want my voyager back!  Fix this issue!!!

0 Likes
SilvrDrgn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here with Droid Maxx (Android 4.4) and three different headsets. Happens with Plantronics Voyager Pro HD, Plantronics Voyager Legend, and RocketFish RF-MAB2 stereo headphones. Symptom is always the same - loss of earpiece audio and apparently the BT connection on the headsets themselves. However, the phone still shows that BT is connected! Cannot tell if the microphone is working and if the person on the other end can hear me because I can't hear them (in any of the earpieces or on the phone itself) in order to confirm they can hear me. If I have the opportunity, it sometimes works with the phone display buttons to switch to speakerphone and back to BT, and then the connection is re-established. Usually I have to power off the earpiece (phone shows the disconnection then) and then turn it back on to re-establish earpiece audio. If it happens repeatedly, then I power off the earpiece and reboot the phone.  Reconnection after that works then for an extended period of time until it starts happening again at random.  Once it starts happening, it gets worse and worse over time.

Being the computer geek and technician that I am, the insight that experience provides seems to suggest this is manifesting itself like a BT transport problem within the Android operating system.  I wonder if there is a resource leak in the BT transport driver/software in Android 4.4, and possibly other versions.  The fact that it is random but gets worse over time, and then better for quite a while after a phone reboot seems to suggest that.  In any case, this is a problem for Verizon, Motorola and Google to fix!

0 Likes
SilvrDrgn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update: My Droid Maxx has been updated to Andriod 4.4.4 via the Verizon system update rollout.  I can say this bluetooth random disconnection issue still happens.  It might be related to spontaneous WiFi disconnection.  The WiFi at my work is not entirely stable.  A couple times the bluetooth disconnected near the same time as the WiFi on my Droid Maxx.  Might have just been a coincidence, though.  Still trying to come up with a pattern.

0 Likes
SilvrDrgn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Scratch that WiFi comment.  BT disconnect still happens without the WiFi disconnection.  So, Android 4.4.4 still suffers from the random bluetooth audio drop.  It's still not really a disconnect until I shut off my earpiece.  When I turn it back on, the it reconnects and the audio is restored.

0 Likes
verdegreg
Enthusiast - Level 1

This, to me, is now evidently an Android issue. I have the Maxx/Voyager Legend combo with the same issues. Prior to the latest greatest Android update the problem was the same except that at that time when the BT switched back to handset it showed handset in operation on my phone. Since the update I have the same problems except that now it does not show a switch back to handset and just continues to show Bluetooth operation. Also a new problem is that instead of just switching back during calls it will ring on the BT, but will answer on the handset still showing BT operating. I may be mistaken, but isn't the Maxx one of Verizon's high end devices? And didn't the latest update to Android advertise better BT stability? I am having as difficult a time understanding the Verizon feedback as anyone else. I would appreciate much more a simple "We are working on a solution."