Bluetooth Disables wi-fi
StPeter

I have never really used the Bluetooth on my phone because I never had any Bluetooth devices, but a few months ago I downloaded an app that prefers Bluetooth be activated and after turning on Bluetooth I cannot search the internet.  I stopped bothering with Bluetooth because it wasn’t vital but now I have a Fitbit so I need Bluetooth on.  If I turn on Bluetooth my wifi and data bars will stay as if they are on but if I try to search the internet or use any app that uses the internet I can’t search.  Should I turn off Bluetooth everything works fine.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth Disables wi-fi
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Having  your blue tooth feature work is very important to the connection of a lot of different accessories

StPeter  .   I'm sorry you're having issues with the internet when bluetooth is connected. Did you remove the bluetooth app that you downloaded? The 3rd party application may be causing the issues. Your phones stock bluetooth app should work with your accessories and not cause issues with your internet.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should work with Bluetooth and the 4G data connection turned on. It should work with the Bluetooth and just the wifi radio turned on. It should work with all three on.

Can you please provide a screenshot of your phone showing the error message and the various radios turned on?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
StPeter

There is no error message you just can't access anything that requires wireless/data.  The first two pictures show bluetooth, wifi, and data  on.  The last two show the issue going online.on.  The last two show the issue going online.Screenshot_2016-11-22-14-58-00.pngScreenshot_2016-11-22-14-59-10.png

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Having  your blue tooth feature work is very important to the connection of a lot of different accessories

StPeter  .   I'm sorry you're having issues with the internet when bluetooth is connected. Did you remove the bluetooth app that you downloaded? The 3rd party application may be causing the issues. Your phones stock bluetooth app should work with your accessories and not cause issues with your internet.

KinquanaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
StPeter

I'm not using a 3rd Party Bluetooth App.  The Bluetooth App I'm using is the stock app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StPeter, thank you for following up with us. I can help clarify further. What Kinquana_H was refering to was not the Bluetooth app itself, the point of reference was regarding the App that required/needed the Bluetooth service feature to be enabled for the app to function or work at its best. Has that app been removed?

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARREM45

I also have this problem. If you remove the original app that enables Fitbit and Bluetooth, you'd no longer have the Fitbit app so how is that a solution?

0 Likes