Blue Droid Turbo & Early Edge discount?
ChuckAinMD
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I just got off the phone with customer service and I'm confused.

I started my Edge contract back in March 2014. When the Turbo came out there was a press release about allowing free Early Edge to the phone.

I've been waiting to see how the phone faired in "real world" reviews and am finally ready to Edge up - one problem, I want the Blue Ballistic Nylon version being sold at Best Buy only.

So I tried to Edge up and they told me I have to pay out the rest of my 50% Edge contract - which I would be OK with it, if the press release didn't specifically say I could do an early edge up at no additional cost....

So I ended up calling customer service today and the agent I spoke to told me that they can indeed give me a free early edge up, but ONLY for the black/red or bn models that I can purchase direct from Verizon.....I looked over the press release, I don't see anything specifying that it's limited to those models only....

Anyone else run into this? Or was the agent wrong? And if they were wrong, who to I have to speak to to get this corrected. I want to get this phone Friday on my day off and it's all very frustrating!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blue Droid Turbo & Early Edge discount?
rcschnoor
Legend

Edge Up and Early Edge are 2 different things. Edge Up is if you are already on Edge and are purchasing a new Edge phone. Early Edge is if you are NOT on Edge but instead ARE under a 2 year service contract.

Upgrading while you are STILL under a service contract has always been available only at Verizon corporate stores.

Best Buy is able to do Edge agreements but NOT Early Edge because Best Buy has never been able to process an upgrade while you were still under contract, only after you had already completed a contract.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the phone of your dreams ChuckAinMD. I'm sorry the press release didnt have more details about the early edge promotions. Best buy is a 3rd party retailer who has there own policies and promotions. Our promotions our specifically for our devices and based on our upgrade and purchase options. This is not something that can be corrected. Our discount promotion would have to be processed with our exclusive phone and terms. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ChuckAinMD
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand that however, it's not Best Buy who is telling me I have to pay to edge up, it's Verizon. Best Buy is willing to give me the discount but when they contact the carrier to process the transaction VZW comes back and says that I have to pay to edge up.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear earlier, but if I try to edge up to any of the "original release date" turbos AT Best Buy, VZW waives the fee...so the problem is that it's the Blue version.

So where does it say that VZW will only honor the the early edge option for specific colors?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry Chuck
The blue version is different than ours and would not qualify for that promotion,

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
John_S
Enthusiast - Level 2

The blue Turbo is a Best Buy exclusive. Verizon doesn't sell the blue version so the promotion won't work for that one.

0 Likes
ChuckAinMD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, so I went on this morning to do an early upgrade to the black metallic version (through best buy again) and they are telling me that I still have to pay to do the early edge up.....so my question still stands....what gives?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Joel_VZW: I don't know if this will help or change anything,  but I'm going to include the Link to Best Buy it does show Edge included in the Plans but I'm not sure if that is starting a new Edge Contract meaning the person was not on one previously or what) But if helps the O.P. get a phone a early X-mas gift hopefully something will work out if not well it didn't hurt to Try.! b

Here is the Link:

Motorola DROID Turbo 4G LTE with 32GB Memory Cell Phone Blue MOTXT1254bb - Best Buy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless I'm misreading the OP's posts, they are wanting to do an early Edge, which isn't allowed at Best Buy, according to the VzW reps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get a great phone into your hands too, ChuckAinMD. Best Buy is not owned or operated by Verizon Wireless. They do have the ability for customers to Edge or Edge Up in many cases. Promotional offers, like any special discounts on equipment, are at their sole discretion. If you are currently enrolled in Edge and are looking to Edge Up to a new device, the standard Edge process will apply to pay the pre-agreed amount remaining (50%, 60%, 75% based on your Edge agreement) and then enter into a new Edge agreement for the new phone.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

So he has 3 months until his 50% is paid off so then pay the 3 month of payments. Then he can Edge up and get his blue one.

0 Likes