Black spots on screen
jamaall76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've noticed that when the screen is black, there are a bunch of black spots on my screen. I've seen others complain about this and was wondering if all the Razr/Razr Maxx were like this.

Also, I found at least 25 dead or stuck pixels on my screen tonight as I was watching YouTube. For the most part, you will only see these when the screen is black, but the dead/stuck pixels are spreading like a bad case of acne, and I feel like if I don't fix this now, it will get a lot worse.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Black spots on screen
B33
Legend

How long have you the Device ? i was going to tell you not to worry on the Black Spots as this is Supposed to be a Normal thing but Dead Pixels Well that's Different deal an needs addressed . What YouTube Video was you watching if it's Ok to Ask..b33

0 Likes
jamaall76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my Razr for about 5 months now. The first dead pixel appeared after a few days, and I am now just discovering this breakout of dead pixels. I was watching multiple YouTube videos, until I realized... are these white dots supposed to be there? So I went on a dead pixel tester and chose black, and sure enough there were 25+ dead pixels on the screen.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Holly Caboogie that make a person want to Holler. I think i heard that the screens in the Bionic , Razr and Maxx was a new screen concept out for 2011 an 12 and what i'm wondering is if it was not Tested Enough as ones are Reporting issues with it Cracking even though the Glass is intact or this with the Dead Pixels.. There is a place you can Get a New screen for it jammall but you need to Contact me through D.M. on my Avatar put your Mouse on it an then slide to Check Follow you will receive a Notification in your Actions the box with a Check to allow me to Follow you that way i can send a Direct Message to Ya on the Info for the Screen..

@jammall:  you have to go into your Actions Box an Check to Allow me to Send Messages: Select Accept..

Reject       Accept       Ignore

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jamaall76,
I understand that can be a bit frustrating and I would love to help.  Is there any possibility of physical or liquid damage?  If not, please send me a DM with your name, mobile number and a brief description of the issue, so I may further assist.  Thank you.

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tominque this is a Known issue i have seen this on my Maxx and it was Reported more than once on the Motorola Forums as a Normal thing when powering up the Device or at times when the Screen is Jet Black.. Matt the Motorola forum Manager has Acknowledge this as well. So un-less there is any new Info or Motorola has Contacted you or Tier Two Techs nothing i know has Changed.. If so i would like to be Notified by you.. Thanks b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3

Mine does that only when the screen is cmpletely black and lit like whenits powering on. Not s biggie for me. Also i got this phone used so no warranty. Smiley Sad lol

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ouch kind of   did you get a good deal on it and you have a Maxx don't ya R.N.G..

0 Likes