Bionic to Razr, replace first Razr and sim, with new Razr and Sim. All service loss.
Hinsvark

I would like to say that the era of smartphones has been both fun and expensive.  Having computers in our pockets is an amazing breakthough in technology.  I used to have both the Droid, and I also got the Droid 2 when it came out, my next purchase was the Bionic, and that's where my problems started.  The 4g would drop all the time, and it wasn't much of an inconvenience because usually it would come back on if I waited a little bit.  I'm patient most of the time unless I need directions somewhere and then I get a bit angry.  So I researched on the web and I tried all the tips and tricks and other things you can do to see if you can fix the problem to no avail.  I would check in from time to time and found out that it was a known issue, so I called up and just like I heard I could get a free replacement phone the Droid Razr which had come out directly after the Bionic.  I got it in the mail and it worked for about 20 minutes before losing all service(not just the 4g), and this happened every 5 to 10 minutes for the next couple days, so I got drunk and planned on yelling at some poor verizon person, but she was so nice and offered to send me out a new phone, so I decided to be nice back.  She said I should make sure to send in my Bionic so I didn't get charged, but I said how about I send in the P.O.S. that you sent me instead and keep my original.  I got the new one a couple days later, and it seemed to be ok for the first few days, maybe I was just lucky not to notice.  It does the same thing as the other one, and I am about to lose my patience.  I want a solution to my problem.  Is there anyone out there in Verizonland that can give me a solution that doesn't involve (because I have already done all these things multiple times) resetting the phone to factory default, clearing the cache, the motorola reconnect app, power cycling the phone by holding the power and volume down keys, or as i mentioned above getting a new (used and probably sent back in because of the same problem) phone and sim card?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Bionic to Razr, replace first Razr and sim, with new Razr and Sim. All service loss.
B33
Legend

Try this Get a New Sim Card)  And when installing it Make sure it's not Bent or Touched in the Gold Area of it(  Sim Cards are Very Fickle in the Gold Area ) if bent or Touched in that Area it Cause big time issues with the Phone ) i say not to Touch it because of the Oils in our Fingers and Static Electricity that runs Threw-out body and Fingers.. b33

0 Likes
Re: Bionic to Razr, replace first Razr and sim, with new Razr and Sim.  All service loss.
Hinsvark
Went to the Verizon store today and got a new sim card, was dropping service before I got home.
0 Likes
Re: Bionic to Razr, replace first Razr and sim, with new Razr and Sim.  All service loss.
B33
Legend

Ok but how is doing Now.. Good, fair , Poor ?  is it staying with the tower at all or dropping completely off..as you stated in your first post..

0 Likes
Hinsvark

Same as before, the service drops to zero, has the universal no sign over the bars.  The screen kicks on and it starts to build up to 4 bars, then white 4g, blue 4g, and it does that oh I would say every 10-30 minutes or so when I have had it sitting there while on my computer.  If I am on Netflix watching stuff it doesn't drop, like once I have engaged the 4g and am using it I don't have problems with it.  I have had a couple of calls drop, and in a text conversation it has just dropped to zero while I was typing a response.  I am not sure about maps, it's usually off when I want to try to find something so I have to wait for it to kick in to give me a route, which is by far the most irritating thing in the world when you are in unfamiliar territory.

0 Likes
Hinsvark

Oh, and I don't know if this means anything, but when I was on vacation for 2 and a half weeks back east in Baltimore and DC, I only had 3g service.  All my friends out there have verizon and they had 4g no problem.  I had it the night I got in from Atlanta and the whole time I was in Atlanta, but the next day it dropped to 3g and just kicked it there.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

On my Razr Maxx with Gingerbread it's kind of doing what your Bionic is doing although you have I.C.S)  i think on mine it's a Matter that i haven't updated it Yet to I.C.S witch i'm getting closer to Doing but it will show 4G turn to white then back to blue which all that is it's talking to or Syncing to the GOOGLE Servers) And it times it Goes straight to 3G.. Now my second Maxx it's doing ok it stays with the 4G Quite well..

0 Likes
Hinsvark

I do have ICS, on my Razr, I traded in my Bionic (which on a side note only lost 4G not all service on a regular basis.) I actually kind of miss my Bionic.  At least I could still make calls anytime.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

it's Good when they Work and Darn Drag when they Don't

0 Likes
Re: Bionic to Razr, replace first Razr and sim, with new Razr and Sim. All service loss.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hinsvark,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our community! I am concerned that you have had several devices with the same issue. What zip code are you located in? Does this happen across multiple locations/cities/etc? I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes