Bad Battery Life - Droid Maxx
jbclarkman

I recently got my Droid Maxx last week and I cannot seem to get decent battery life out of the device (having to charge it every day).  Yesterday I let the phone get a complete charge overnight and then just took it off the charger (it would only charge to 99%) and then just had it sit face down on my desk the entire day.  I did not pick it up, I did not play with it, I literally did nothing with it.  When I checked the phone in the evening it was at 60% battery.. for doing nothing.  The battery setting shows Android OS with 33% (and the highest usage of the battery).  Any help would be greatly appreciated before I take this phone back to the store and return it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Bad Battery Life - Droid Maxx
RPodolsky

Agree. Bought My phone Sept 16 and have been having battery problems since.  There have been quick discharges when the battery hits 50% and the phone powering off at night requiring a reboot.  Beware Motorola support not helpful.

0 Likes
Re: Bad Battery Life - Droid Maxx
LzyNerd227

Widgets and app notifications can run rampant thereby draining battery power.

You can turn Battery Saver on to see if that helps.

At present, there is an 82% charge left on my battery after unplugging from a full charge overnight. Specifically, 6h 5m 2s on battery.

The highest usage on my battery is the Screen (52%) followed by the Android OS (17%) and etc.

0 Likes
garberinc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use GSAM battery monitor. Gives a lot more detail on what uses battery

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

same here. First 2 weeks I had no complaints on my maxi. But as of yesterday have noticed faster drainage with minimal usage during day and I mean minimal, no apps. Took it off charger this morning, listened to 3 pandora songs down to 86% already. Not what I was expecting given battery life is supposed to this phones top selling point

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update. Battery app monitoring I have shows google play store services(not same as google play store) might be culprit . That app is chewing up my battery. Down to 83% from the 86% posted 15 minutes ago(no usage). Did a google on  the problem and found post on android forum this problem began 1 day ago.http://tinyurl.com/lyv7xog

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Reading now shows 43% system is being hogged by google play services compared to 36% for screen and 2% for android os.

0 Likes
droid_does_life
Enthusiast - Level 3

Download Task Killer in the PlayStore. That and Clean Master. You apparently have many apps on your phone, some of which are running constantly even after you close them (residual). It's using RAM memory instead of Internal Memory, which is what's running your battery out of juice.

A task killer is great for this problem. I have Advanced Task Killer, Clean Master, and Lookout Security on my MAXX. All three apps together keep my phone running long and hard. I watch YouTube videos, listen to mp3's constantly, stream videos, social media, texting, calling, etc. on a daily basis, and my battery survives it all...lasting all day and still having about 20% battery life at night. It would be even more effective if I wasn't riding it like Seabiscuit all day. When usage on my phone is medium (texts, calls, some social media), I end the day with well-over 50-60% battery life.

Try these apps to manage RAM usage. I bet you'll see a big difference.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't manage the RAM usage on Android devices. The OS does an fine job of it on its own.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.