Backup Assistant not compatible with Droid Razr M
naivebelle

I'm trying to backup my photos, etc. and went to the apps section on Verizon's website to get the Backup Assistant Plus.  It says "not compatible your device, choose another to send to."  I tried the regular Backup Assistant with the same result.  What am I supposed to use to backup my data?  My phone is being replaced on Tuesday so it's critical that I get everything backed up now!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant not compatible with Droid Razr M
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi naivebelle-

I certainly know the importance of protecting your personal information, like pictures, when transfering devices. I recommend using the built-in mass storage function on the device to move the files to a computer for safe keeping. Then you can transfer these files to the replacement device. Here are the steps: http://bit.ly/SCPPju - I hope that helps!
Keep me posted.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
naivebelle

Thanks.  It sounds a little complicated but I think I can figure it out.  Will that also capture my e-books from Kindle, Nook, Google Play Books and Aldiko Book Reader?  If not, how do I make sure I get those? 

I used Explorer to copy every single file and folder that was in the Internal & External storage onto my computer hard drive (before I got your message) but I'm not sure how that will work to get it onto the new phone.  My plan was to just reverse the process but I'm worried that may end up causing more problems than if I just found a way to copy what I actually needed.

• Discover great books with me, five minutes a day, at DearReader.com.

0 Likes
ksn1177
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHY is backup assistant plus not compatible with Droid Razr devices?  It works fine on my husband's Droid Razr M but not on my Razr Maxx.

0 Likes