Re: Backup Assistant Plus ate contacts-- anybody else?
Wildman
Legend

To disable BA+ goto Settings / Application Manager / All / Backup Assistant Plus / Clear Data and restart, this should disable the sync option from device...  This wont delete any data stored on BA+ site but will remove data required to connect to sync server.

0 Likes
RainGirlToday

BA ate my contacts also.  Now they are in my backup assistant, however, ther're none on my cell phone.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Like the Cookie Monster) i use Google as my Contact back up have since 2010 with no issues..

WildmanTo Mr. Wildman you's the Best.. B33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perhaps Backup Assistant got a little hungry, RainGirlToday. Let's see what we can do to get those contacts back on your phone. Have you tried re-syncing BA with your device. If not, give it a try:

1. Settings

2. Backup Assistant Plus

3. Select Backup Assistant Contacts

4. Enter your PIN and Sync.

Let me know if this helps. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I gave up on BA a long time ago as it never returned or stored anything correctly. It would always change the House line and mobile lines, change phone numbers between people, lose contact addresses.

I shut it off and never set it up on my newer phones. I use the Phones default Google to store all my contacts. All you need to do is tell your phone to save them that way.  Saving them in Google, when I add one on my phone, it immediately syncs to Google. If I add it to Google it immediately syncs to my phone. Best of all it is ACCURATE and barely uses any data.

0 Likes