Backup Assistant Fails to Sync
C_Bay

My last complete sync was the first of February. Ever since then it says "failed to sync." I can no longer download music or access my contacts now. Everyone else's phones on our plan is working so what's up?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant Fails to Sync
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

C.Bay,

Great question! To uninstall updates, you would go in and reset the app. On that same screen, you should have an option to uninstall updates if there have been any. http://vz.to/1zbxnOs You can also try the free Verizon Cloud app available in the Play Store. That is the newer version of backup assistant which can backup all of the things the backup assistant could as well as music, files, videos and more!

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help you figure this out, C.Bay! Just to confirm, is your phone a Motorola Droid Razr? Have you tried uninstalling updates to the Backup Assistant and then reinstalling?

Also, you mentioned that you cannot access your conctacts. Are you having a problem viewing the on your device, or only on My Verizon? Please update us with some more details, so we can assist further.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
C_Bay

Hi there!

Yes I have the Motorola Droid RAZR.

Now I am able to access my contacts once again after removing the SD card than returning it so that's one problem gone....

Regarding the uninstalling/reinstalling of the Backup Assistant updates, I have not tried that... How would I go about doing so? Go to the Google Play Store? I'm sorry about my lack of knowledge, phones aren't really my thing haha Thanks so much!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

C.Bay,

Great question! To uninstall updates, you would go in and reset the app. On that same screen, you should have an option to uninstall updates if there have been any. http://vz.to/1zbxnOs You can also try the free Verizon Cloud app available in the Play Store. That is the newer version of backup assistant which can backup all of the things the backup assistant could as well as music, files, videos and more!

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes