App notification with both sound & vibrate - want to turn off vibrate
usw1

I just downloaded the ESPN Score Center.  When I get a score notification, I get the ESPN music & a vibrate pulse as well.  I know I can manage the sound volume of notifications via the phone settings, but I haven't found any way to manage the vibrating.  I contacted ESPN and they said the app does not have a setting for notifications, that I have to use the phone settings.

How can I get rid of the vibrate?  Besides being annoying, it's a waste of battery power.  I was getting a similar vibrate with the FB notifications but FB has an app setting to turn it off.  So far, this is the only app I have that gives both a sound & vibrate when I receive the notification.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: App notification with both sound & vibrate - want to turn off vibrate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Usw1, I can see how your phone randomly vibrating would be annoying. Check your Messaging alerts to see if vibrate is turned on there. Open Messages, press the Menu button, Settings, Notifications. Turn off Vibrate. Then also check overall Notification Settings by going to Settings, Sound, Notification sounds.

Let me know if that helps.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
usw1

Either I'm missing something or we're talking about a different phone or operating system.  I have the new Droid Razr that looks like an I-phone.  It has a different OS from the older Droid Razr.

When I go to settings and look at the Sound menu, I don't have a notification submenu - wish I did.

What I see is Volume, phone ringtone, vibrate when ringing (which is just on/off), default notification (which is choosing a sound & no ability to control vibrate).

I have turned off vibrate in the message menu - but this is from an app not a text - the ESPN scorecenter app.

I know that many apps have settings within the app - for example Facebook default is to vibrate with notifications and I turned that off.  I did contact ESPN and they say there are no controls within their app for notifications, they claim to use the phone default.

I just wish there was a way I could override an impolite app & say I didn't want my phone to vibrate for any notification.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how annoying this could be usw1 because having the right notification is important especially in certain situations. I was able to find some other steps to adjust the sound on your applications. I have listed them below:

1) From a Home screen, select Apps (located in the lower center).

2) Select Settings.
 If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.

3) Select Sound

4) Select Silent mode.

5) Select one of the following.
  • Off 
  • Vibrate 

Let me know if the above steps helps with your issue.

KinquanaH_VZW
0 Likes