App Updates
BassRiff

Does anyone know of a way to prevent apps from updating during certain hours?  I would like to prevent apps from updating between say 7:00am and 10:00pm.  Appreciate any hints or ideas (also if anyone know that this is just not possible).  Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: App Updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BassRiff. I'm always looking for ways to manage my phone and it's data usage, so setting updates for certain times is a great idea! There's not a way to set a timer for updates, but tikibar1 had a great idea to simply turn off automatic updates so you can chose when an update is completed. If you go into your Google Play Store, tap Menu and then chose Settings. From there, you can adjust the auto-update or even update over Wi-Fi only options.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why not turn off automatic updates, then you could update them whenever you wanted (this also would allow you to see what is being updated and read reviews first).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BassRiff. I'm always looking for ways to manage my phone and it's data usage, so setting updates for certain times is a great idea! There's not a way to set a timer for updates, but tikibar1 had a great idea to simply turn off automatic updates so you can chose when an update is completed. If you go into your Google Play Store, tap Menu and then chose Settings. From there, you can adjust the auto-update or even update over Wi-Fi only options.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes