Anyone else seen Droid Razr Maxx Wifi Extremely Slow when Bluetooth enabled and connected?
jocallagil

I have been having problems at home downloading apps from Play store and other downloads.  Wifi downloads were extremely slow over my local Wireless N network.  I would normally get 16-19mbs on Speedtest on my phone on Wifi ( although I get almost 20mbs on 4GLTE on my front porch! )  When I started to notice the problems I was lucky to get 2-3mbs on Speedtest over my wifi.  I spent all day trying to find a rogue app or some setting problem.   Rebooted my router, cable modem, etc.  PC based speedtests were getting 24mbs.  My wifes Iphone 4 was getting 5-6mbs on speedtest.   I finally isolated it to the Bluetooth being on and connected to my Bluetooth Cordless Phone System.  If I turn off Bluetooth my Speedtest over Wifi goes back to between 16-19mbs and downloads from my local cloud drive are smokin fast.  Also apps from the Play store load almost as fast as on 4G LTE.  Interested to see if anyone else has been this problem with Maxx and ICS.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else seen Droid Razr Maxx Wifi Extremely Slow when Bluetooth enabled and connected?
B33
Legend

Have Tried it that way sounds like a small to big issue might have to check it out.. Very interesting.. thanks and Welcome to the Forum. b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else seen Droid Razr Maxx Wifi Extremely Slow when Bluetooth enabled and connected?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, jocallagil!

I'm sorry to learn of this unusual concern! I researched and found no related issues! When did this first begin happening? I recommend enabling safe mode (steps: http://tinyurl.com/8ke883c) to determine if this still occurs while enabled. If it does not, then we can conclude its being driven by a corrupt application. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes