Anybody experience intense overheating AFTER putting phone in Airplane mode, then shutting it down.
Adamchuuu

I recently flew to Florida, on the plane I always first put my phone into airplane mode, then power it down.

I did this with the Droid Maxx HD. I woke up halfway through the flight by an intense heat coming from my phone. It was hot! I figured I must have accidentally left it on and it was struggling for a signal. When I went to turn it it off, the screen would not turn on! it was frozen. This being a new phone I didn't know the command for a hard restart. I tried popping the SIM card, but that did nothing, it was still cooking. I held it against the fan to keep the irreplaceable battery cool, trying to prevent any damage to it.

It wasn't till I landed my girlfriend looked up on her phone how to reset it, Hold Power+Volume Down.

I thought this was a fluke, so i tried doing it again on the flight back. Same thing, this time it got even hotter, nearly burned my skin touching the power and volume button to turn it off.

I thought that was a fluke too. So as I am writing this, I did the same thing, airplane mode then powered down. As of right now, my phone crashed, won't turn on and is heating up, it got to 102.4 F before I did a hard restart.

What is the deal?!?!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Anybody experience intense overheating AFTER putting phone in Airplane mode, then shutting it down.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have never experienced this with either of my Thunderbolt or Nexus.  I actually keep one of them in airplane at all times when it isn't active on my line.

I hope you can find a solution.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes