Answer to Droid running very hot and battery drain?
paceryder

After googling "Droid Razr max hot battery drain" for the past two years and reading hundreds of posts suggesting this or that action, I still have no answer.

I am very angry with the product support. What is the freakin' ANSWER to this problem. The device is extremely hot to the touch, the battery is draining, and I am not using it! It's just sitting there. I have not added any apps. The major drain, according to the setup > battery is the screen. The screen is NOT ON. The phone is sitting there burning up. The second drain is K9 mail. I am willing to try a different mail program but this is the best one I have found.

This happens every few months, then the device operates perfectly.

That the heck is the problem and how can it be solved?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Answer to Droid running very hot and battery drain?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a system cache clear?  It may help, doesn't take that long, and shouldn't erase any of your data:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Are you Running any Task Killers, on your Maxx that would be one of my main Questions if so Dump them, Now!  One thing i do on my Two Maxx's every couple of hours is i press the Home button see if there is any Apps running if so i Swipe them off the screen, On the Display i have mine set at about 15 to 20% that's were i have set all my droids at). And i have Display Power Savor Enabled..

I use an App called System Panel i'v this app since 2010 it shows the Vitals of my Two phones and Earlier when i was streaming Slacker the phone was running at 89.6 deg. You might give this app a Try it's a good informative App.. As suggested there are few things you can do to help the phone run a little better, You can run A system cache clear twice a month if your a light phone user or like i do i run them 3 times a month..

I also do this when i charge my devices when they get down to Zero i shut them off i charge them full up and leave them on the charger an additional 3 to 4 hours I use only a Motorola OEM charger the one that came with the phone or one that i have bought in the Past. i never charge via any other way.

Give these Suggestion a look over and a try if they help Let me know,, b33

aztec1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am also having the same problem. Two days ago i was unable to keep the phone near my face it was so hot for no reason at all. battery began to drain so i shut it down and it worked ok since. this happens intermittently. Could not get an honest answer from Verizon about this and several other issues .

My phone has been compromised as a result of an update designed to increase my enjoyment and usage.   I am so disapointed with Verizon for not issuing a fix for this and other issues that this jelly bean update  caused. Motorola was of no help either they pointed the finger at Verizon and Verizon pointed back to them with no resolutions. I will never buy Motorola again! As for verizon, in my opinion,, they are now as bad as the other top carriers when it comes to caring for and supporting the customer. If

0 Likes
paceryder

No, need to try this again. Could not get past "power down phone". Does that mean shut it off. Cause when I shut it off nothing happened when I held the volume up/down and power except it turned back on.

0 Likes
paceryder

No. Got rid of Task Killer a long time ago. What do you mean Display set to 15 or 20%? The brightness? I couldn't see in the sun if it were than dim. Need to try the cache clear again.

PS: this morning, my phone is running cool, and I've done nothing to fix this. I think the way they are not addressing the heat issue is abominable. I think none of the "fixes" suggested really work, none are really "fixes". I think the **** phones just begin running hot now and again, then cool down and we all think we actually"solved" the problem.

I really do like the Droid better than the iPhone, but I think I will be switching, since this is the second Droid I've had this problem with and it has apparently never been fixed.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, 'power down the phone' means turn it off.  And sometimes it takes a couple of tries when holding the volume up/down and power buttons simultaneously to get the Boot Mode Selection Menu.  The same thing happens when you get to the step that says 'press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery' ... sometimes you have to press and hold the volume down and wait for a second or two, then press and hold the volume up and the volume down buttons for 5-6 seconds and then release.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I have my Display set at this level and you can still see it even in the Sun, the Displays as they are really don't have to be turned way up, But there is a Widget that's built in the phone that can help with the adjustment of the light level if it's needed quickly in certain times, I included a screen shot below to show the Widget it's near the top of my Maxx's display the display adjustment is on the far right. you have 4 adjustments levels with this widget.. Hope this helps Smiley Happy b

Slacker Widget -Winamp Widget.png