Android update Download stuck at "Download Suspended, will resume shortly"
shelbyklug

It has been at 0% for about 24 hours and i don't know what to do.

It is overheating my battery and running my battery completely dry... i went from 100% to 30% in about two hours, which is not normal for my phone by any means.

I have tried about anything and everything i can think of to stop the download.

I've cleared my history on my browser and reset, that worked for about 30 mins.

I have power cycled my phone a countless number of times as well as turning it off completely and the download just starts again, not doing anything.

I even went to a verizon store and the person didn't help me at all.

The only thing I haven't tried is factory resetting my phone, which I would prefer not to do unless it is the only option i have.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android update Download stuck at "Download Suspended, will resume shortly"
DroidRazr81

Not sure if you reset your phone or not, however I was getting the same error. Here are a few things I did that got it to now search for the update.

Go to your settings and manage apps->Clear the cache from installed apps such as youtube, rhapsody, etc.

Next go to settings->applications->manage applications. Click all at the top and search for the updater. Clear the cache and data.

Then go to settings->battery information-> force close motoservices (Should be at 20% or something similar depending how many motorola services you use).

Then go to settings->about phone->system updates.

That made it search for updates. It might take a bit as I am not sure how big the update is. However make sure to be plugged into AC power and if available WiFi connection to your home network.

I hope this helps someone else. Or maybe in the next day or so they will push a fix for those getting stuck. Have a great day.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Does it Do anything when you Turn it off then Back on:?  If Not & you have another Corporate Store in Town that is Close i would take the phone there an have them Flash it..

Then Have them Do the Update for You:  Make sure you Tell the Manager you did not get very much help from the Employee.. that's what they are there for not just to sell phones.. 

0 Likes
sinter88

Hello,

When I try to do a Force Close on the Moto Services it won't stop the process. Also, when I try to download the updates from System Updates it says an update is already in progress which is obvious since it's getting stuck on downloading the update.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Andrew

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Give this Link a Shot or take you phone to a Local Corporate Store an have them flash the phone for Ya..

this link is a shot in the Dark you can try it but it would probably be best to just have it Flashed..

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/954-droid-razr-failed-update-now-its-stuck-in-limbo/page__pi...

0 Likes