Android OS using up my battery
raleab

I have the droid razr maxx and i am trying to figure out why my android OS usage is so high. I use the task manager to time out everything after 2 mins and my android OS usage is still accounting for over 50% of my battery usuage. Can you help please.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android OS using up my battery
Tidbits
Legend

Your task manager is making your OS work harder

0 Likes
raleab

The task manager came with the phone. Its a motorola app and the book said thats what it was to improve battery life.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That was my thoughts too

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Its a placebo effect. Setting it to shutdown system apps for example will reopen and then your phone will kill it again in two minutes rinse and repeat.

0 Likes
raleab

Task manager is actually helping more than hurting. Before i starting using it on Sat afternoon the android OS was using 60% of may battery and since turning it on it is down to 50%

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You are reading it wrong. Due to popular belief you are making the OS work harder in a shorter time(hense the high %) as time goes on the % would get smaller. Charge your device to 100% and look at the stats for example it should be the second highest next to the screen. Leave the screen off for 5 minutes and OS will be higher.

0 Likes
raleab

From the 1st day i have had this phone the android OS is always the highest % battery usage. With Task Manager running or not it uses more of my battery than anything else.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

As it should be... The OS is ALWAYS running. The only time it will not is when you talk on the phone for long periods of time use an intensive app for a long period or have the screen on for a long period of time.

0 Likes
raleab

so basically my question is still the same. My battery is draining in 12hrs without really using the phone with or without the task manager on. The android OS is killing my battery without me getting any real usage.

0 Likes