Android 4.4 KitKat Update Tracking - Motorola Razr Maxx HD
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well the Moto X started getting KITKAT on 2/21/14 and Moto G on 2/5/14 so us RAZR HD's should be next here pretty soon hopefully.. The anticipation is killing me I can't wait. Come on Verizon push that button..

Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Update Tracking - Motorola Razr Maxx HD
kool371

I am hoping that we receive the update in the next week or so  especially seeing as I use ISIS Wallet and received a text on the 19th saying "Get the latest Android O.S 4.4 with kit Kat. Update your ISIS Wallet to Kit Kat now go.vzw.com/isiskitkat. A device restart may be required. Data rates apply.

0 Likes
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know wasn't that text such doggy doodoo. They write it so you think your downloading KITKAT and all it was, was ISIS update I was so excited and then realized it was boogus crap.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kool371, I know I get excited for new software releases. To stay on top of the latest releases for our devices, click here http://vz.to/1bCKL5B Thanks again for the feedback and hope you get connected using that ISIS wallet soon!

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

With the issues this Software is producing I wouldn't be saying how exiting it is!  I had to replace my Droid Maxx because of this lovely software,  my replacement Droid Maxx I'm not updating it till I see some better results from it.. So I think it best not point out to any one to update for a while any way..

0 Likes
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well here I still wait for my KITKAT update just over 20 days left in 1st quarter 2014 told we'd have it by the end of the quarter and still nothing we were passed up when 4.2 came out and it's looking like we're going to be passed up on 4.4.2 as well. After all we're told we'd be updated by the end of 1st quarter 2014 2 different moto models got the update in Feb but not a single Motorola model so far this last month of the quarter we were told we'd get it. I'm thinking by the time our RAZR HD's get it the phones will be worn out after all my unreplaceable battery is at the point it's only holding the charge for half the time it use to hold power. I call CC and every CSR I speak with avoids my question and tells me how all 3 of my lines qualify for upgrades to upgrade and get a new model with KITKAT already installed it would be something I'd consider but not willing to loose my grandfathered unlimited data plan like my friend unknowingly did.

0 Likes
atticstorm
Enthusiast - Level 2

In response to below, I am sure Verizon should be a bit sheepish about being behind Sprint and T-Mobile!

created by johnembe in DROID RAZR MAXX - View the full discussion

It's official: T-Mobile, US Cellular, AT&T and Sprint have released the OTA update with KITKAT for Galaxy S4's.  No more wondering if we are last to get, the answer is:  Yes We Are

Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I try not to be a negitive person but I like to be as honest as I can, on that note ISIS Wallet isn't worth the little amount of storage space it takes up on my device it was an app I was highly considering using when they had the prepaid card option but once they removed that option it's a useless app. After all in order to use it we have to have either American Express card or Chase Bank account so since I don't have either and don't want to switch from my credit union to Chase bank the app is worthless.

rcschnoor
Legend

ISIS still has a pre-paid card option with American Express Serve. This is a prepaid card.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
NeilOMalley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid-Life got a hint that there is a Software Test Drive coming soon to the Razr HD, Razr Maxx HD, and Razr M from the Motorola Feedback Network.  I would be surprised if its not KitKat.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/03/17/software-test-drive-incoming-for-razr-hd-hoping-its-kit-kat/