All of a sudden, I can't receive (download) pictures that are sent.... Can anyone assist?
KZZ605

Haven't changed any settings that I know of... I am just not able to view the picture messages that are sent to me...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
All of a sudden, I can't receive (download) pictures that are sent.... Can anyone assist?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your Cellular data connection turned on?  The attachments in text messages won't download over the wifi network.  Sometimes when my download is stuck for text messages, I will send a picture message to myself and that gets the download unstuck for the other message(s).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: All of a sudden, I can't receive (download) pictures that are sent.... Can anyone assist?
Menacewithin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same problem. I have noticed that if you send a picture (to anyone) it will then somehow download any pictures people are trying to send to you.. It's a problem I'm trying to figure out myself. I've reset the phone and it still does it.

Re: All of a sudden, I can't receive (download) pictures that are sent.... Can anyone assist?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks to the community for your replies.

Hello KZZ605. I frequently use picture messaging on my phone as well and can understand what an inconvenience this is. Are you able to send pictures? Are you receiving an error when attempting to view/download the picture? Are you using a third party messaging application? If so, please remove and retest with stock application. Let me know if the pictures are being sent to a specific email on your phone or as an mms so I can better assist.

DaisyP_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Menacewithin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using the standard MMS that comes with the phone. I am able to send pictures and when I do it seems to "unstuck" the messages that won't download. There is no error message, it simply says "downloading" or will say "download message" and when I click that... it'll just spin saying downloading again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update Menacewithin,

We have a few steps we need to check to verify if the phone is setup right. Please go to the "Text" application -> click the menu icon (the icon to the far left under Verizon that has three lines) -> Message settings -> verify "Auto-retrieve" is checked. Please also make sure that WiFi is fully off when receiving the MMS. Keep us posted whether these steps help.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Menacewithin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah all of those things are set to their proper settings and I do not use wifi.

0 Likes