All Facebook contacts appearing in my Contacts
footballmomma
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I installed the Facebook App to my Razr it automatically added all my FB contacts to my phone's contacts.  Is there a way to remove them & only keep the regular contacts for my phone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: All Facebook contacts appearing in my Contacts
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you are using Facebook for Android from the market (you said installed, so I assume so), open the app, press menu>settings>sync contacts, then choose which option you prefer.  I use the sync with existing contacts, mainly because I then have a picture for all those contacts (if you already set a picture for someone, it will use that one, not their facebook pic). 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you are using Facebook for Android from the market (you said installed, so I assume so), open the app, press menu>settings>sync contacts, then choose which option you prefer.  I use the sync with existing contacts, mainly because I then have a picture for all those contacts (if you already set a picture for someone, it will use that one, not their facebook pic). 

0 Likes
footballmomma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was actually wondering if there is a way I could get the FB contacts off my phone contacts.  I don't need to see all 300 of them when I'm trying to call my neighbor.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you follow the steps I outlined above, it will ONLY show facebook contacts that are already phone contacts.  Or you can choose do not sync and none of them will show up.

0 Likes
footballmomma
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!

0 Likes
vert_m3

Unless I am missing something, this does not work as there is no option for sync contacts in the facebook app. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
djspy
Enthusiast - Level 1

The option to sync contacts straight from the facebook app is gone for some reason.

Go into your address book (contacts) >menu>display options>facebook>uncheck the option to display all.

Ydril

Thanks, DJSPY!  I was wondering about that myownself with my new Maxx.

0 Likes
djspy
Enthusiast - Level 1

np, glad i could help Smiley Happy

0 Likes