Alarm volume way too low
draythomp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Droid Razor Maxx, 2 days old.  Alarm volume is just barely audible if I put my ear next to the speaker.  Ringer volume seems ok and the speakerphone seems ok as well.  Yes, I've gone to settings volume and turned all of them up.  I also went to the alarm app itself and made sure it was all the way up also.

The alarm volume is only audible if you actually put the phone up to your ear.

Suggestions??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Alarm volume way too low
medic276
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine did the same thing and I fixed it by downloading the alarm clock xtreme free app and when it pops up hit the plus button on the bottom and change the volume to max alarm volume 100% and it is really loud now. If that doesn't work I don't know what to tell ya.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Go to settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select All Scroll Down to Alarm & Timer Go in an Clear the Cache an Data Hit the Home Button See if this Clears up the Issue if this does not Try a System Cache Clear Look for this on the Forum if that Does not Work i would then try a F.R.... B33

0 Likes
draythomp
Enthusiast - Level 3

The cache was already empty and it (of course) didn't have a clear button.  Data had a tiny bit in it, cleared that.  Alarm volume was unchanged; still too low.

When I go to settings>sound>volume and move the alarm slider from the far right to the middle then back to the far right, the alarm sounds, but it is exactly the same volume....too low.

Factory Reset??  Doesn't that mean I get to spend a couple of hours setting the phone up again??

0 Likes
medic276
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine did the same thing and I fixed it by downloading the alarm clock xtreme free app and when it pops up hit the plus button on the bottom and change the volume to max alarm volume 100% and it is really loud now. If that doesn't work I don't know what to tell ya.

0 Likes
draythomp
Enthusiast - Level 3

medic276:  That worked!!  I got alarm clock extreme, set it to use music and then downloaded a LOUD telephone ring.  Now, it works nicely.  I have a pocket timer for cooking, and a bedside alarm clock.

Thank you.

0 Likes