After update I can't figure out how to search when in email.
PamOnTurbo

That is: if I want to look for a specific email by sender or subj etc , where is the Search option?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: After update I can't figure out how to search when in email.
PamOnTurbo

to add to the above... the "magnifying glass" search icon is visible on top right of other email accounts but not the "main" account or that is , first added account.  I will delete account and try adding it  again. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hmm, you are right - the search (magnifying glass) IS gone, but onlyont he first added email account...interesting.  You CAN re-sort the emails by sender, date subject,etc - and so delete all from a particular sender at one time, but yeah, the search seems to be missing from the first added account....

0 Likes
RobB772
Contributor - Level 3

What email application are you using? I'm using the Gmail application (latest version from play store ) and I have 2 accounts (1 Gmail account and 1 TWC RoadRunner IMAP account ). Both accounts have the search magnifying glass and the All inboxes view has it also. Maybe you're not using this application but if you need to search this application provides the tool to do so.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm using the stock email app to add "other" emails - I have the main gmail account, then several others for various organizations I belong to.  All of them have the magnifying glass search option except for the first one on the list...  I can provide screenshots if you'd like, but it is just not there on only one email account (I have 7 in addition to the gmail account).

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I also have multiple e-mail accounts in the stock e-mail app and all show the Search option in the upper right-hand corner.  Have you tried deleting the e-mail account that doesn't have the Search option and adding it back to see if the Search option returns?  Wonder how that worked for the OP (PamOnTurbo)?

0 Likes
PamOnTurbo

I have several accounts -- the google or gmail accounts all have the search magnifying glass in upper right corner.  All the accounts (I have 4 -- they are added as "other" and are just regular pop accounts -- always worked before software update) through my cable provider do not have the search capability now.  I have tried deleting my "main" or first account and re-adding it.  Again it doesn't have search.  This is a big deal for me so I may have to switch to the dark side and get an iPhone if I can't get a fix sorted out.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Options you could try:  create the POP accounts through the gmail app (Accounts > Add Account > Personal POP3); use the standalone e-mail app(s) for your particular e-mail service(s) (available through the Play Store); use a different e-mail app rather than the stock one (several available through the Play Store).

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, I haven't tried deleting and adding back that particular email account, though it looks like PamOnTurbo has done so, unsuccessfully.  I also see that if I scroll down and check "Combined View", the search icon disappears also - it reappears on every email account except the top one on the list.

It's not a feature I use on the phone a whole lot (the reason I hadn't noticed it before!); I do use search on my laptop though. 

0 Likes