After latest system update, text messages don't always "send."
queenbones

My DROID RAZR MAXX shut down the other day to apply some updates.  Standard protocol there.  After the update though, my text messages are not behaving the way they used to.  The general functionality is I enter my message, hit send, a little green arrow displays to show the message is being processed, and then once it's sent the arrow disappears.  Currently, any given message might go through, or it might continue displaying the arrow even though the message has been sent (as I get a response to it), or it might continue displaying the arrow and the message has not gone through.  At this point I have no reason to think this is a widespread issue so I'm wondering if there's just something I need to clear or reset in order to resolve it on my phone. 

Any ideas or suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: After latest system update, text messages don't always "send."
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want your device to work as it should queenbones. A software update is supposed to enhance your device, lets make sure that happens! It is recomended that a hard reset is completed after a software update. Here is how to reset: http://vz.to/14CGspj

Please be sure your device is backed up before making the change.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
merkjob

I have the exact same issue with my droid razr maxx since the latest update.  It is extremely annoying not knowing whether a text has gone through or not.  Just wondering what the latest was.  I wasn't looking forward to having to reset my phone  Is that still the recommended course of action???  Did that solve it for you queenbones???

0 Likes
austinstraud

I am having the same exact problem and so is a friend of mine. I can't rely on the text messages anymore. Sometimes it says sent and it never got sent also.

Anyone have the solution? Is a hard reset going to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Lbossom

Exact same problem here. Droid Razr Maxx running android 4.1.2.  Really do not want to do a hard reset and have to reinstall all of my accounts, data, apps, etc.  But it is annoying wondering if my texts have actually sent or not. 

0 Likes
marcus01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it is pathetic to purchase a phone, learn how to use it, only to have it change up on ya because of a forced update. Google the latest update and read the pages & pages of complaints. And yet, you still have to pay your bill, I was very satisfied with my Droid Maxx and service until the latest software update last month. NOW I HATE IT! And they say there's nothing they can do.

WELL GET YOUR ***** IN GEAR AND FIX THE BUGS. I'M SICK OF PAYING FOR A TROUBLESOME PHONE.  I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS.

>> removed profanity <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
RDO1953

Interesting...I have not experienced an issue with the update so it must not be a global issue. Sorry this is all the help I can offer.

0 Likes
marcus01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well so you haven't had issues. That's great. Go Google the latest download for Verizon Droid and read ALL the unhappy complaints. Not all have the same issue, nevertheless, this is not a good "update".

As it is now, I'm looking to move my phone service asap.

>> Comments deleted; any discussion of moderation or moderator activity should be via Direct Messages with the Moderator per the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
merkjob

Just an update.... I finally broke down and did the reset as was recommended and guess what???? Encountering the same exact issues as before! What garbage! Just a complete joke. I would say the recommended solution now is to throw your phone in the nearest body of water and get an iphone.

0 Likes
AqhaReiner

I too have the exact same issue and I also did a hard reset as the Verizon Corporate store recommended. 

This did NOT fix any of the issues that happened after the upgrade. Just cause me to lose info that I thought was backed up.

Any solutions would be great. 

0 Likes