After KitKat bluetooth will not transfer contacts to Audi MMI
AJG617
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is an old problem that was corrected with a SW patch but has resurfaced again with my RAZR HD.  JellyBean worked fine.  I'm really tired of having to fight the darn phone so that it does what it is supposed to do.

Other stupid KitKat 'improvements':

Replace my enter key on keyboard with emoticon button?  Who cares.  Give me the Enter key back.

Everything is white (top of display, sms).  Impossible to read outside especially in sunny conditions.

WIFI off prevents bluetooth connection to Audi sometimes (not always).

Display refresh is pitifully slow with multiple screens overlaying (can see my email screen underneath the main screen).

I'm sure I'll find others.  Who thought this release was an improvement?  About ready to go back to my Blackberry Storm.  At least that connects properly to everything.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: After KitKat bluetooth will not transfer contacts to Audi MMI
randj

After the update my husband and I both can't connect to WIFI hot spot.....it keeps kicking us out.  We also can't connect our phones in our cars.  Before yesterday it worked perfectly.

Spending hours on the phone with Verizon didn't help.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: After KitKat bluetooth will not transfer contacts to Audi MMI
AJG617
Enthusiast - Level 2

A guy on the Audi forums had the same problem with his HTC.  Everything would transfer but the contacts.  He deleted the call memory on the phone and contacts sync'd up.  I tried it this morning.  Worked like a charm.  I had to delete the old phone profile in the  car and the bluetooth pairing on the phone then search for it again.   I used to get multiple prompts on the phone to allow the car to access data.  Now I only get one and it disappears quickly if you don't answer it. 

0 Likes