After ICS update, camera forces close
sorockerchic

After the latest ICS update, (which I love the look of it) but I've been having a couple of frustrating issues. My camera on my Motorola Razr forces close. It says it had an unexpected error and needs to close. When you finally get it to work, when you take a picture, it freezes and the image will not open. Some of my pictures wont load now, even ones that I just downloaded.  Also some of my music wont play, the pictures are no longer accurate, and it sometimes forces close as well. Also the battery life sucks now. Before I just had to charge it in the afternoon before I leave the office and it would then last until early in the morning, but now I take it off the charger when I leave work and with very little use, a couple of hours later and its almost completely dead. I never had an issue with it just shutting off either and now it will just randomly freeze and shut off. I hope there is going to be another update to correct these issues!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: After ICS update, camera forces close
versaloha

Having same problem and it also keeps saying the SD card is not inserted when it is, seems to work better from the menu option vs the app opening....Verizon this update sucks!  Major issues while traveling!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Do a Soft Reset If that Doesn't solve the Issue Go to Apps Find Camera Clear the Cache and the Data then Do a Soft Reset Once again..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorockerchic, I’m glad to hear you are liking the look of the ICS update. Now let’s get this issue with the camera resolved so you can get back to taking your pictures.

You mentioned that the issue with the camera, battery life, and freezing started after the ICS update. You may have some apps that are not compatible with the update and causing these issues. I recommend you perform a hard reset http://bit.ly/tQ0nkT to help resolve these issues. This is recommended especially after such a big software update.

Please post back if you continue to experience any of these issues after performing the hard reset. I’ll be more than happy to further troubleshoot.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes