After 5.1 update I experienced my hotspot would turn on ok but the network name is gibberish, unprotected and 1mbs speed. I can't change any values as it won't allow me to save. Is it hardware or software?
PI_Stan

Nothing seems to change the network name not that it matters it is I2NtYiWFQxMjU0 and the security is none.  The "save" button is faded and never becomes active.  Am I looking at hardware or software issues?  Everything else in the phone seems to function normally

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: After 5.1 update I experienced my hotspot would turn on ok but the network name is gibberish, unprotected and 1mbs speed. I can't change any values as it won't allow me to save. Is it hardware or software?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PI_Stan, having all the features on the phone work is very important. Getting a software update should always improve services. Let's make sure we make that happen. I would recommend on deleting the Applaciton Cache for the mobile hotspot. Check out this link for the steps: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-116983/ Please keep us posted after you tested this out.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: After 5.1 update I experienced my hotspot would turn on ok but the network name is gibberish, unprotected and 1mbs speed. I can't change any values as it won't allow me to save. Is it hardware or software?
tresemundo
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Galaxy note 3 is all [removed] with this latest update. My GPS no longer functions properly. I hate freaking Samsung and now I hate Freakin Verizon! I'm so done with both. This is ridiculous and frustrating as [removed].

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
PI_Stan

Hi and thanks for replying.  I believe my problem was fixed by doing a factory reset of the phone.  I am using the hotspot feature to reply to this in fact.  Analyzing everything I believe my problem had more to do with installing a SanDisk wireless flashdrive.  I had nothing but problems with it and never really got it work as it was intended to and I believe it was coincidental that the 5.1 update and the SanDisk flashdrive was happening all at about the same time.

0 Likes