Adding an "other" email account
KodakMoment10

I have five different email accounts, and I use all of them regularly. I have 2 yahoo accounts, a hotmail account, my gmail account, and my school email account. I had no trouble adding my various email accounts to my phone except for my school email account. Technically my school email account is a hotmail account, but when I try to add it as a hotmail account none of the messages come through to my phone. I think the issue is that the domain name for my school email address isn't hotmail.com. The domain name is students.asurams.edu. I've tried to add the account as "other," but it won't automatically configure the account. Every time I try it says, "An unknown error occurred, please try again. Server error:" However, I have absolutely no idea how to configure the account manually. I don't know what a POP or IMAP mail server is. I don't know what an incoming server or an outgoing server is. Can anybody help me?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Adding an "other" email account
Cody21
Master - Level 2

If you manually set up an email account you will need that information (Pop, Imap, Smtp, etc.) .. Do you have the email account working on a PC someplace? If so, you can look at the Account's Settings to find that information. Otherwise, is there something on your school's HELP system for email set-up that the Tech administrators provide? or call for technical assistance? Normally that information for email set up is documented by the administrators.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cody you got your's set up N going pretty good Didn't ya?  Are you haven any issues or is it running pretty Good in all area's Have you checked out the some of the New Skins with E.Q. they look really Cool...

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

yea, working great ...  love it, for the most part.  Wish there was a way to wake it up (from timeout) other than only the power button; don't care for the location of the Power button, and the slipperiness of it. But love the 4G and overall speed of it. Looking forward to ICS ..  🙂  (I'll check out those skins for EQ, thanks)

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i would suggest what cody suggested. if you still can't figure it out then try going to the computer lab at your school. i guarantee somebody there would know how to set it up (particularly a teacher there).

0 Likes