Re: For All Who Are Having Comcast Email Issues After Updating To ICS
vstjames
Contributor - Level 1

So far, all is going well. Everytime I read here of a specific issue, I test my phone to see if it might occur with mine. So far, all features that I use are working as expected. Battery is still a wee bit lower than I'd like but nothing I can't live with. I'd say on average, I lose between 5 and 7% in battery life as compared to pre-ICS. Currently, as I write this, I'm at 81% and 8hrs 30 min. Pre-ICS would be closer to 85-87% for the same time period, with similar useage. Which is fairly light by most standards. Texting eats up battery the most from what I can see. And screen is still in the mid-60's% on average.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Are you in 3G or 4G i would say if your in a 4Ga that not to bad on the battery. Because the 4G tends to tax the battery a little more than 3G does)  I try to use my Wi-Fi as Much as i can when at Home it's just as Fast as the 4G i've done Countless test and with my NetGear N600 and my Motorola Docsis Modem it Boot Scoots along at a pretty fast Clip..

0 Likes
vstjames
Contributor - Level 1

I don't have wi-fi, but hope to get a router one of these days. My cousin across the street has wi-fi and I can almost pick it up here but keep it turned off since the connection is too weak and always dropping, unless I'm in her house or around it. Mostly, I'm in solid 3G. When I have 4G, it's only 1 or two bars. Oh, and thanks for the invite! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome V.J.

0 Likes
dollarbang

My Droid RAZR was upgraded to ICS a few days back. I have two accounts (of 5) using Calendar. One corporate, the other GMail. The corporate account is synchronizing, but GMail does not. The sad thing here is that Google does not provide settings for their email, only which of their services you want your phone to synchronize.

I'm going to check the Motorola website looking for a solution, then to Google.

Wish me luck.

0 Likes
vstjames
Contributor - Level 1

I am dense when it comes to many things Google and smartphone. I freely admit it. I have no idea what it means to have an account using calendar. I use calendar but for typical calendar like things. But no email account specifically linked to it. As I have no need of a corporate email, or Exchange, I don't use it. My gmail is only for gmail. Nothing else linked to it like calendar. All that said, I wish you luck and hope you find answers you're looking for. If you do, please share them here in the forum so others who have similar or same issue can find their phone's inner peace. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

dollarbang wrote:

My Droid RAZR was upgraded to ICS a few days back. I have two accounts (of 5) using Calendar. One corporate, the other GMail. The corporate account is synchronizing, but GMail does not. The sad thing here is that Google does not provide settings for their email, only which of their services you want your phone to synchronize.

I'm going to check the Motorola website looking for a solution, then to Google.

Wish me luck.

Which way is the Gmail calendar syncing or not syncing?  If you are creating the event on the phone, you need to select the Gmail account as the calendar to create the event in for it to sync with the online calendar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dmlcs

It worked for my husband's comcast account, thank you so much!  He's only had the phone a week and was ready to give up and take it back. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vstjames
Contributor - Level 1

Great! Glad it got it working. Now...go back to the top and read the addendum I've added. Try those settings if you need or care about security (encryption) of incoming/outgoing mail. They should work for you just as they are working for me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

By revising your original post, you can easily create confusion especially since you also changed the subject line to the discussion. It can make it more difficult for users to search and find your discussion thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes