A different kind of duplicate contacts issue
Carte
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having a different kind of duplicate contacts situation than others are having. Up until just recently, my contacts were just fine. Then suddenly in the last day or so, I have two of each contact, for several of my contacts (but not all of them). The very strange part about all this, that separates it from previous situations, is that when you delete one of the "duplicates" it actually deletes both entries. So then I lose the contact entirely, not just the duplicate. I have no idea what is causing this. I previously had 3 gmail accounts on my phone, but I have removed 2 of them to see if that was the problem, but it was not. What do I do? I have a Droid Turbo 2.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: A different kind of duplicate contacts issue
msm72

The same thing happened to my contacts about 6 months ago - really annoying - hope someone has a solution

0 Likes
Carte
Enthusiast - Level 3

I downloaded an app called "contacts plus" and it solved my issue; but I have to use that contacts app instead of the original phone app.

0 Likes
Turtle_on_a_fence_pos

I have been suffering from duplicate contacts for about a year.  It seems my problem started at about the time that the Verizon cloud application was foisted on me.

I have spent more than twenty hours over the past few weeks cleaning up my phone contact list and by scrupulously avoiding synchronizing with the "Cloud"; I don't trust that application at all.

Why should we, as paying customers, be required to clean out the duplicate entries that were caused by an apparently defective application? 

Cleaning up a list is a long, tedious, arduous task.  But how can we be certain that the underlying problem in the "Cloud" application has been fixed?  Will manual cleaning be a monthly or weekly chore?  If so, who needs it?

Does anyone have experience with Verizon's competitors which may have similar applications which actually work as intended.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Turtle_on_a_fence_post, we want to ensure you get the help you need concerning your contacts and if you have any questions concerning Verizon Cloud. What is the make/model of your device?
LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Turtle_on_a_fence_pos

Blackberry Z-10

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having only one set of contacts is key Turle_on_a_fence_post. We want to ensure you only have the single group. Let's look into this for you. Do you use another backup system like Gmail or stored on your SD card for your contacts? Do you see the duplicate contacts when you log into your online backup? Click here to check: http://spr.ly/6583BcQ0J.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes