4g and wifi keeps going to sleep when my phone goes to sleep?

Zwg3443

Last week I noticed that my 4g and/or wifi (which ever one I'm using depending on where I am) will not be active when my phone is in sleep mode. This means that I do not get any notifications other than text or calls when my phone is in sleep mode. Once I turn my phone on and out of sleep mode, the 4g/wifi will kick back on after about 30 seconds. I'm not sure if I changed a setting or why this is happening, the associate at the Verizon store was stumped. I have tried a soft reset and toggling my smart actions and settings in wifi, but nothing has worked.

The most frustrating thing is when I am at the gym and I'm listening to pandora, it will only play one song then I have to awaken my phone for it to kick on the 4g so that the next song will load. It is just a hassle, does anyone know what i need to do?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 4g and wifi keeps going to sleep when my phone goes to sleep?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Lets get your phone working back full time for you, Zwg3443!

Do you have any battery saver applications on the device? I went through a similar situation when I had one installed. They are designed to shut off all data communications while enabled. Its best to remove these apps from the phone. I recommend booting the device in Safe Mode (steps http://bit.ly/P8of9A) to see if the data continues to go to sleep while in this mode. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes