4G LTE in England
BDPLN

I have a 4G LTE (model xt912).  I'll be traveling to England next month.

I don't have an international plan for telephone use abroad.  However, if I take it to England will I be able to use wi-fi to search the net, download games, etc?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G LTE in England
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Yes, WiFi works with CDMA disabled ..  I just used it while in Italy ...   I just set my phone to Airplane mode and logged into WiFi in every hotel we stayed at ...

View solution in original post

Cody21
Master - Level 2

Yes, WiFi works with CDMA disabled ..  I just used it while in Italy ...   I just set my phone to Airplane mode and logged into WiFi in every hotel we stayed at ...

B33
Legend

Well as soon as we get the New update that's Supposed to be Coming We will be able to Use our Razr's in allot of Countries b33

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-confirms-some-phones-will-get-updated-global-use

Razr Global.png

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Maybe so - but personally I find it cost-prohibitive to use outside the USA ;  basically extortion ..  Verizon will likely charge $50 for very a little data plan, and also $3-4 per min for phone calls.  WiFi is/was definitely the better option for me, personally. You can make the case that at least you can use it for emergency calls ... or if you happen to be rich.  🙂

0 Likes
BDPLN

thanks Cody.  And (at the risk of sounding silly) use in that manner will not result in any fees or costs from Verizon, correct?  Thanks again.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Correct ... (not silly ..)

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I will go with that Cody   And i just wanted to be informative Smiley Sad i'll go an hind back under my Rock

0 Likes